Jonah's Chem Panel

So Jonah had blood work today just to get a baseline for my new 10 year old boy. His Creatinine and BUN were high. We are going to do a specific gravity tomorrow. However can anyone tell me how off they are?

creatinine - 160 umol/L normal values : 27 - 124

BUN - 9.1 mmol/L normal value : 2.5 - 8.9

Thanks in advance.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Jonah's specific gravity was VERY normal!! So the other two were greyhound normal :colgate :colgate

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Make sure to arm yourself w/your own greyhound bloodwork info at any vet office. I had to education a vet in the office I was in. She was in the business for over 20 years. Frustrating. Your kids sounds normal (just like everyone else has said) and good of you to follow up with a UA - very pro-active!

I Have all the normal bloodwork values. That wasn't really the issue. It was converting the units of measure used by our lab to those used by American labs. But thanks it is a huge relief to know all is well with Jonah.

Am happy to read this thread. Aquitaine had a blood draw yesterday as pre-testing for extractions in two weeks. This morning he called to say he saw some creatinine elevations that he wanted to double check. I am doing a pee catch in the morning.

He knows greyhounds very well but I still sent him the article/information about the numbers anway. He completely reinforced the fact that he is not worried, that he just wants to check since we will be putting her under anaesthesia. We had a long talk about this yesterday. when he came over to draw the blood. I am a worrier about my girl.

That's GreyT news and exactly what happened last year when my girl Peggy needed to have a blood test. She'd been exercizing earlier in the day too and that helped the figures even further into the danger zone.

Having lost 3 to CRF over the years I kind of hate that disease.

Thank goodness!

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com