New Addition To Our Family....

Guest Jennifer14

Guest Jennifer14

Hello. My name is Jennifer and I am new to the site and a new Mommy, as of today, to a grey named Fernando aka Nando. My family is so excited that he has finally made it to his forever home. He joins me, my DH of 16 years, my DD McKenzie (12) and DD Payton (8) and our other furbaby Layla (5 year old Yorkie).

He has spent about six weeks in a local prison program and then about two weeks in a foster home before he arrived to us today. He is so so sweet and so beautiful. He is sleeping on his new bed as I type this. I have no doubts he will be spoiled rotten.

I look forward to making some new friends on here and being able to brag about my new baby.

2631010510103100053S425x425Q85.jpg

2755177910103100053S425x425Q85.jpg

Welcome from CT Jennifer!!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Welcome, Fernando!!!! I absolutely love the idea of the prison dog program. I will be looking into that in the future. Did you get to meet him while he was in the program, so you could choose him?

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest Jennifer14

We did not choose him. The rescue group did that for us. We wanted a grey that would first be compatible with our Yorkie and then second be good with my kids. So far I think the group did an excellent job matching Nando to us.

We will be able to go to the prison on 10/24 and meet the inmates that cared for him for so many weeks. They wrote letters to us and told us in those letters how much they loved him and would miss him but knew he was going to a great home. They told us what he likes and dislikes. I just think it is a wonderful program from what I have learned so far.

Welcome and congratulations...isn't it wonderful to know how much he was loved in the prison program.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida!! :welcome2

Nando looks like one loved pup. He's very handsome! :beatheart

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest Jennifer14

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome wishes. We had a great first night. He slept on his bed next to my bed all night. Not a single peep. He did great in the house by himself for a four hour time period. We are using his muzzle while we are gone for the first couple of days while we feel him out and he learns his new enviroment. But he is so super sweet and follows me around the house constantly. While I love that now I do hope he gains some independence in the coming days and weeks

I am so happy and he seems very happy and content. We are very blessed!!

Thanks again everyone!!

He's really beautiful; black hounds are the best :lol Congratulations!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Congrats Jennifer!!! Nando is a beauty! Welcome to GT!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest greytmomof4

Congrats to you and your family on your handsome new addition. He looks like he found his forever home. Enjoy!!

I myself have a special place in my heart for the black greys.

Lori

Guest Jennifer14

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes. We have had a wonderful first four days. He is the sweetest creature. I am so in love. He has the biggest heart. I know this because I can feel the love oozing out of him. His "Prison Mom" wrote us a letter and mentioned many times about the love he gave. And that is no lie. What a wonderful gift he is.

Guest LovesDoggies

We did not choose him. The rescue group did that for us. We wanted a grey that would first be compatible with our Yorkie and then second be good with my kids. So far I think the group did an excellent job matching Nando to us.

We will be able to go to the prison on 10/24 and meet the inmates that cared for him for so many weeks. They wrote letters to us and told us in those letters how much they loved him and would miss him but knew he was going to a great home. They told us what he likes and dislikes. I just think it is a wonderful program from what I have learned so far.

Welcome from CT! Nando is gorgeous! I have to tell you, the above made me cry, just a little! :blush What a wonderful program, and how wonderful that Nando made his way to you and your family!