Trying Not To Freak Out!

Just saw this for the first time. Whew. Happy to hear she will be fine!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Whew! So glad to hear such greyt news about little Phantom. I know how much you love her.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Whew!

Inquiring minds want to know: How is she doing otherwise? How much does she weigh now? Is she going to have to be extra quiet while she's healing?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Whew!

Inquiring minds want to know: How is she doing otherwise? How much does she weigh now? Is she going to have to be extra quiet while she's healing?

Thanks for asking about horrible sweet little Phantom. Otherwise, she is doing PHAN-tastic. You would never know that 13 months ago everyone thought that she was going to die. She is playful, active and, of course, cute as a button. She weighs about 44# and I think she looks perfect. I asked the vet if I needed to keep her quiet and calm and was told (thankfully) that she had no restrictions. She could act as wild and crazy as usual! WHEW!!! She would be one of the worst patients ever if she was put on exercise restriction. She is WILD!!!!!!! Even leash walking would be a nightmare because that girl can do zoomies on a 4 foot leash. She is CRAZY!!!! I am pretty sure I know how she broke the bone... she plays with her best friend, a 75 pound 22 month old Lab who belongs to my vet, and they thrash each other around. And before anyone feels sorry for her... she gets the best of the lab all of the time. He runs from her and usually he's the first to collapse when he's tired. They run around the room, slamming into things and throwing each other around. I've actually stated a few times that I'm surprised she hasn't broken a leg. Well, now she has!

I want to thank everyone again for their good thoughts and prayers. I really do love her so very, very much and I don't want to lose her anytime soon. Life would be so boring without Phantom around!

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Big sigh of relief here in NC that is not the bad "C" word.

Sheila, Give her a big hug from me and give one to Elphie too!

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

When my sister gets here with her camera, I'll post pics! Of the bratty girl and the offending lump!

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest mountain4greys

Just seeing this now Sheila. I'm happy Phantom is ok, and still being a brat, er, I mean joy. I really know she is a BIG joy in your life. See ya soon in Dewey. :)

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Okay, can you hear the collective sigh of relief? I'm so glad it's good news. You're like me, Sheila, with those lumps on Calvin's thigh. Don't know why I never noticed them before, but I was so scared it was something horrible. Hearing from you that he'd torn that muscle really helped, and our vet agreed that that was what it was. She said "there are no lymph nodes there"---Duh. :blush No out of the ordinary lymph nodes anywhere else on the boy. Whew....

Very happy for you and Phantom.:colgate

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm starting a new thread in EEG that has some Phantom videos in it as well as a photo or two.

Here are a couple of photos of her leg/lump... she has a knobby little leg but you can see the much larger lump on the bottom of her leg in the picture

SonjasSept2010061.jpg

SonjasSept2010063.jpg

I'm not crazy, right? The lump is scary, right?? If you could feel it, you'd feel that it's hard and she doesn't like you to fool with it.

Edited by retiredracers