Just Incidental Info Manuka Honey

Guest Mom2Shiloh

Guest Mom2Shiloh

Doing research for me and the kids, I found the M.H. from the manukahoney.com original site was very reasonable but wanted to see if I could find a U.S. company that carried it as shipping is pretty steep. Found ManukaHoneyUSA.com (0r search it) which yields all kinds of variations and applications; they do have the original special stuff for wound care and also this paragraph that I found interesting. I don't have mine yet, still plan on using it on my cat bite (which is healing,slowly, with no major infections thus far. My open-minded about things holistic local dr. and my physical therapist are both very interested. Anyway, just FYI:

"Active Manuka Honey is also used for gastro-intestinal problems in animal health care:

Active Manuka Honey can be used as a natural remedy for internal health problems for house pets, farm animals, zoo, aquatic or wild animals. This special honey can be taken for canine acid reflux, upset stomach, dog gastritis, or stomach ulcers. Many pet owners have also observed that Active Manuka Honey seems to help increase an animals appetite, if an animal is suffering from low appetite or other illnesses that cause an animal to stop eating, you can give the animal 3x 1 teaspoon (or tablespoon, depending on the size of the animal), to start increasing the animals appetite so it can return to normal eating patterns.

Put one teaspoon of Active Manuka Honey on a small piece of bread or dog biscuit (for dogs), and give it to your dog 30 minutes before feeding. Do this 3x times per day. The dog does not have to follow with a feeding after manuka honey intake, as long as the honey is given on a empty stomach, that is o.k., as most dogs don't get fed 3x a day. Depending on the size of the dog, maybe 3x 1/2 teaspoon a day may be enough to help relieve gastro-intestinal distress such as acid reflux, heartburn, upset stomach, stomach ulcers, or ibs (irritable bowel syndrome)." copied from website...

Active Manuka Honey seems to help increase an animals appetite

Thank you for this info, Carla! I have active manuka honey, and I have Stella -- we're going to give this a try!

I was at work and hurrying earlier, so forgot to say two things:

I hope this honey helps your wound heal five times as fast!

And I think Vitacost.com is where I found active manuka at a good price.

Guest greygirls2

You can get the Manuka Honey on Amazon now also. I keep the wound cream handy and laso have Manuka Honey 16+ for any tummy, throat, etc. problems. The seller I get it through on Amazon also has a frequent buyer auto ship plan.