Jonah Comes Home

Jackandgrey

After a very long career at an obscure track in Canada, Mr. President, ie Bill, went to his "forever" home with his new dad. Two years later and dad had a new wife with two kids and then a new baby , 10 year old Bill was returned because he was blind, deaf, and was snapping at the kids.

This just tore out my heart. He was close to the age my Jack would have been and who I would give anything to still have with me. But they discarded him like unwanted garbage. I told Deb of djsgreys that he needed to come home to me. She said,and he's black too! Well clearly it was meant to be!! :blush

After a long and worrisome wait for him to be surrendered, back he came to the group. Oh and guess what? He is neither blind or deaf and is a total cuddlebug. He has no space issues at all and although he barks with a ridiculously hi pitched bark, he loves everyone.

Since Bill was not a successful name for him, he is now Jonah and knows his name perfectly. He is a wee man, only 66 pounds and about Jilly's size. When he is enraptured in the midst of cuddles, his tail goes right up to his belly and the tip wags away. Just too funny and so sweet. He went to his first fun run yesterday and outran all the youngsters! My "decrepit" old man :lol.

From the side my breath catches because he looks exactly like my angel Jack. From the front he is his own sweet self.

2009_10070011.jpg

IMG_4759.jpg

With Jilly.

IMG_4774.jpg

Clearly stressed :lol

IMG_4770.jpg

Sharing secrets with Jilly

2009_10070001.jpg

Home at last!

001.jpg

For those of you who shared the fun of his homecoming by watching his emerging from the lake siggies, GeorgeofNE's mom Susan, was the creative mastermind of his many disguises.

Thanks Deb for allowing me to be his real forever mum!!

You are home now little man, I promise.

Edited by Jackandgrey

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greyt2love

I enjoyed watching the siggies changing as Jonah emerged, but I really love seeing him home for good with you, Susan !! He's so handsome and he will have a wonderful home for the rest of his life, just as he desrves!:colgate

Susan, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know how torn up I was about him! And had I no longer wanted my cat (and yours), I would have kept him in a second. I love this guy - always have - from the moment I met him - the litter mate to my best friends' first greyhound, Peter. Suzy loved these two brothers and would ignore all the other greys at fun runs or meet and greets when either Bill or Peter were around.

I was so angry that after all we had carried his owner through, that he would give up on his dog when the dog needed him the most. I wanted to say sooo much when I took the leash from him - but restrained myself (barely). As upset as I was, I am so thankful now that he did give him up. Jonah is in his true forever home, where he will be loved and cherished as he deserves to be - something that I could not count on where he was obviously.

Thank you for opening your heart to him - sight unseen, with the uncertainty of what shape he was in, and what kind of behaviours you could expect. And I am so glad that are worries were for naught!

Welcome home Jonah! You've arrived in paradise.

Deb

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

*dang allergies*

Susan

YOU are a special special person - to be willing to take him even though his description from his &*^&%$#*()* old family was not of the outstanding hound that you ended up with.

Welcome home Jonah!!! :kiss2

What ChiliDog said, a hundred-fold. :wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Wow, what a surprise to find out he is neither blind or deaf! He sounds like an absolute sweetie! Welcome Home Jonah.

Oh and Saint says, don't worry about that high pitched bark, his mom tells him he barks like a girl.:eek:lol

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Heartwarming indeed. Congrats to all!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Aw rats, I shouldn't have read this from work... yeah, allergies. Big time.

Susan, your big heart and generosity are such a gift to these hounds. Jonah honey, you handsome, lucky hound -- you have won the lottery!

Oh and Saint says, don't worry about that high pitched bark, his mom tells him he barks like a girl.

That's what I tell Jonah too! :lol

Edited by Jackandgrey

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

There you go, calling him tiny again! George (64 pounds!) resents that!!!

I was actually in on the initial "conversation" between Deb and Susan when Deb told us about this returned hound, and it took Susan about 10 seconds to say "I think he needs to come home with me." That was after Deb said, "Oh, and he's black."

Before that we were both told he was 11, going blind and going deaf. I don't think any of us believed he was at fault for snapping at children (if in fact he ever did) since we all assumed he was left with the baby unsupervised.

Imagine our delight when Deb sent a photo of a gorgeous black hound clearly in tip top shape! It makes me so happy to learn of his wonderful, cheerful disposition. I think that it's Susan's reward for being willing to take a broken down old hound--that Jonah is the opposite of a broken down old hound! May all of our 10 year olds be so chipper!

It's sad the lesson these people have just taught their children.

Oh, Susan didn't mention that the new bride got a puppy of her own...who of course they're keeping. :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire Oh, and she says "We're dog people."

Argh!

Welcome Jonah!!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

*dang allergies*

Susan

YOU are a special special person - to be willing to take him even though his description from his &*^&%$#*()* old family was not of the outstanding hound that you ended up with.

Welcome home Jonah!!! :kiss2

What ChiliDog said, a hundred-fold. :wub:

Dang, those allergies are contagious! Welcome home, Jonah. We have been awaiting your arrival in the club.

gallery_17856_3310_663.jpg

Isabella and Bunny da Kitteh, Angel Kitty da Hownd, Angel Cocoa, Angel Bodhi, Angel Cali, and Angel Remy

Congratulations to you Susan and to Jonah!!!

Bless your heart for wanting to take him on, sight unseen and untested.

And bless both your hounds (Jilly & Josh) for accepting him into the family. What special souls they are, too.

Jonah - a long & happy life to you. I believe it's just now begun!

Barb, Tick & Mac

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

What a heartwarming story. Heartwarming because Jonah will now have a wonderful home, plus the family gave him up so now he is able to have a better life. I believe if you can give up a pup who has been with you for a few years, you no longer deserve to own said pup. I feel so sorry for the puppy though.

Congratulations! May you enjoy many more happy years together.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Susan, your reward is in his happy smile, his contenment, his sliding right into your home like he had been waiting for you all of his life. :)

Welcome Home Handsome Jonah - you will finally be cherished for the awesome being that you are.

Jonah looks like he was always meant to be with you. :)

I must admit I will miss the ever evolving siggies, they were so entertaining!! :P

Guest PiagetsMom

Didn't have a clue what was going on with your siggie, but it had to be something really good! Jonah is a beautiful boy :wub: , and he's a perfect match with your pups. I'm so glad that you found each other - Congratulations!