Shelby Is Skittish Around Large Dogs.

Guest grammarules

Guest grammarules

We got Shelby when she was 8 weeks old. Most of the dogs she comes in contact with are small breeds. She almost had a heart attack when I first introduced her to my son's Rotty. It was my Bishon who finallly got her to go near the Rotty.

She gets real skittish and hides behind me when she encounters a larger breed dog at the park. Does any one have any idea how to help her? Is it just a matter of socializing?

Guest zoolaine

I got Zali at 8 weeks old and she grew up with my older dogs - who are lab, Catahoula, Rhodesian Ridgeback mixes. The first time she saw other greyhounds - she had just turned 1 year old - she was scared to death of them and would hide and shake. I had to tell her "Zali you are a greyhound, you can't be scared of them" :lol But it was the first time she had been around them. That is when I adopted Jupiter and within a few days they were good friends.

I would try to socialize her more, especially if you know some bigger dogs who are mellow and laid back that she could interact with. How about other greyhounds?