Fur Loss In Fall?

Guest bubbagum

Guest bubbagum

Thanks for responding! Rock appears to be done shedding - using our 'furrometer' (much less fur on the floors!) He still is very pink looking and is slow to fill in with fur. His spots are still showing through the white fuzz. We've been using fish oil thus far. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he fills out. If not, we'll try the melatonin, but would rather not make him drowsy.

I'm glad Arissa's getting a wonderful coat!!!

Guest BooBooMama

Thanks for responding! Rock appears to be done shedding - using our 'furrometer' (much less fur on the floors!) He still is very pink looking and is slow to fill in with fur. His spots are still showing through the white fuzz. We've been using fish oil thus far. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he fills out. If not, we'll try the melatonin, but would rather not make him drowsy.

I'm glad Arissa's getting a wonderful coat!!!

Deeni is the same way. Her shaved spots from the accident are slowly growing in and the shedding is slowing down but her black spots are very visable through her white fur. In another week or so I might try the melatonin as well.

Edited by BooBooMama

Guest earlkattangrey

A fall blow out is expected, but I have a question as a newer grey owner (this is our first fall) - if he's shedding out to a thicker winter coat, should I expect Kattan's newly bald butt to get furry again shortly as this winter coat comes in? Typical timeline? (We're in IN btw. Starting to get some cold nights but days have stayed pretty warm thus far.)

It seems a shame to go into the cold season with less hair than ever!

Guest Energy11

Shedding like CRAZY here, but we haven't had a real Fall, so, ... the dogs' coats don't know what to do :-)

The bees and flies are confused too! IF we EVER get cool weather, maybe this shedding will stop.

Good Luck!

Guest Sunset123

A fall blow out is expected, but I have a question as a newer grey owner (this is our first fall) - if he's shedding out to a thicker winter coat, should I expect Kattan's newly bald butt to get furry again shortly as this winter coat comes in? Typical timeline? (We're in IN btw. Starting to get some cold nights but days have stayed pretty warm thus far.)

It seems a shame to go into the cold season with less hair than ever!

Can't hurt to try the melatonin. It really works! :)