Neyla's 4 Month Osteo Recheck

NeylasMom

Neyla passed her 4 month post-osteo dx anniversary about a week ago. We scheduled an ortho appt to get a new x-ray and to also investigate some other issues she's having and the verdict is:

Her new x-ray showed no significant progression!!! :yay:confetti:bounce2:yay

It does appear like she may be in the early stages of LS, but her spine x-ray was nearly pristine so we are going to continue to use chiro and add in acupuncture to manage her stiffness/soreness from that and her bad back leg (not her osteo leg) and otherwise carry on as we have been. He suggested more hikes and walking on hills and in water if we can to build the muscle back up in her back leg. I don't want to pursue actual PT because she gets really nervous at the vet's so we'll just do what we can.

Overall she's doing amazingly well. We vary b/w short walks and hikes of up to nearly 2 miles and she runs and plays with toys inside regularly. She has a great appetite as always and is just her normal happy self most of the time. I'm so grateful!! :colgate:weep:blush:) <--ETA: This is my range of emotions - relief, joy, a little why me, but mostly overwhelming happiness that we have made it this far. I never thought we'd make it past 3 months, let alone be doing this great at 4. In case that wasn't clear. :P

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Awesome!!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

that's great news, jen. i'm glad i'll get to see her again at dewey!

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Good girl Neyla :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Wonderful News!!

Keep it up god girl!!! :cookie

Edited by 3DogNite

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

That really is wonderful news! You are doing a great job and so is Neyla. Please give her a gentle hug from her many admirers.

Did you say you were going to Dewey? If so, we can hug her in person.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Thanks everyone!

Did you say you were going to Dewey? If so, we can hug her in person.

Yes, we will be there. This is our second year going, and staying at the ABT house so I think we will be easy to find. :lol

When she made it to 3 months, my secret hope was that she would still be well enough to go to Dewey.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Yay, Neyla!! :clap

Keep it up sweetie!!!

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Fantastic news Jen!!! I see the 6mth celebration right around the corner. Keep it up Neyla, you make us all proud!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.