Ibindigo "gabe" 6/23/98-9/17/10

Guest handpicked

Guest handpicked

Gabe was originally a foster greyhound after he broke his toe at the Woodlands. The very first night home, he jumped up in between my husband and I and went from side to side giving nibble kisses for about 20 minutes!! I looked at Jeff and I said, I guess he isn't going anywhere, is he? That was eight years ago. Gabe was my happy, loving boy: he didn't know anyone he didn't love. He was ADD and always wanted to be included in anything. Gabe had a host of health issues, including: laryngeal paralysis (tieback in April 2007, lumbosacral stenosis, hypothyroidism, arthritis in his left front leg, corns on the left front and proteinuria. In February 2009, Gabe's littermate, Nadia, went in for her amputation and bled out. Other half siblings also have passed from osteo. About 9 days prior to setting him free, Gabe developed a gastrointestinal infection with a fever of 104.7 degrees Fahrenheit. We treated with metronidazole and baytril and at the same time, his chronic pain in his left front leg became totally uncontrolled (had been controlled with rimadyl.) I added in tramadol and then gabapentin. With babying and tons of people food, we seemed to be making progress, but his pain was not responding well. I was getting pinpoint pain over the left elbow. Then on the 17th, Gabe went off food again and I couldn't get him to eat anything. That night after much soul searching, we sent our happy, singing weasel on to the Bridge. Run fast and free, Gabe, you will live on in our hearts always.

Shelley,

I am very sorry for your loss of Gabe. He was a true warrior and a brave soul.

Run free Gabe, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am sorry for the loss of your sweet Gabe. He sounds like quite the character!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Sounds like a special boy. God Speed, Gabe.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

What a brave boy, and what a sweet memory of him on his first night home with you guys. :blush I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Gabe :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Gabe.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

It's clear that Gabe knew exactly where he wanted to be. I'm so sorry you lost your precious boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:cry1 I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound