Roger Needs Surgery

Guest Rogersmom

Guest Rogersmom

Please pray for Roger. He was bitten at a play date. The wound is not healing. Due to the fact that a piece of skin is missing, the vet said he needs surgery to heal. He is being operated on tomorrow morning (Thursday, September 23, 2010). I questioned the vet to make sure that she knew about greyhounds and anesthesia. She assured me that she has operated on many greyhounds. Please pray that Roger comes through everything OK. Being unemployed for over two years, what I need is a job and not worries about my Puppy Boy.

Good luck! Beth just had surgery last week to do a skin repair where she had a ruptured cyst -- she came through it well (after a rough first night with anesthetic aftereffects) and eight days later it's amazing how much progress there's been in the healing of the incision.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Hey, Liz, I am sure Roger will be just fine. Good thoughts coming your way.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Been just where you are way too many times with my thin-skinned boy. Sending prayers that all goes well for Roger.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Lots of prayers!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest Rogersmom

Sending healing light to Roger and a big hug to you Liz. Keeping you both in my prayers.

Nancy

Thank you Nancy. I know your heart is still aching. Who would think a play date could end up like this?

Poor Roger was panting, shaking, and crying non stop Sunday night until Monday afternoon when we finally got

a tranquilizer for him. It knocked him out (25 mg. acepromazine) which he really neededs as he was so scared

and bit me really good when I tried to give him an ice pack to ease the pain. We did also have Rimadly for pain.

It briefly helped him to sleep but then a noise woke him up and he was back to crying, panting, and shaking. I thought

I could use a tranquilizer.

Thank you all. It is comforting to have your support.

Guest Rogersmom

I am going to pick Roger up now. He has a drain in place until Sunday. The vet

said there was a deep pocket under the bite. She said this happens when a dog

bites and pulls away. She said everything went fine and he is in good shape.

Thanks for all of your prayers.

Liz and Roger

Guest Rogersmom

Roger is home from his surgery. He has two drains in place. It seems there was a large pocket under the bite. The vet said that

comes from a dog biting and pulling away.

Here are some pictures of Roger's incision and drain and him wearing his collar. So much for being a needle nose which makes him need

a very large collar. He is having a hard time walking around and not banging his collar into things so he has chosen to just lie

at my feet. I hope the pictures post in this messasge.

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

Liz and Roger, aka Boo Boo Boy

Awwwwww....nothing more pathetic looking than a dog in a cone.

You could probably trim it a bit shorter.

He still needs to be able to get a drink. Just trim it enough to let the end of his nose stick out...doubt if he'd be able to turn his head around and reach the wound if you took a couple of inches off.

Hope Roger feels better soon.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest Rogersmom

Roger seems to be doing better today. He is getting really spoiled. I take his cone off and walk him to go potty instead of letting him in the back yard as I am afraid he will jump in the garden pond which is something he loved to do. He is lying on my bed now, wearing his cone, and being somewhat sedated from his Rimadyl. I had to hold his food dish today while he laid on the floor, cone off, and beg him to eat. Such a prince!

At least he is not crying, shaking, or panting anymore. I did get Rescue Remedy for him. I am not sure how often to use it. It is also difficult to tell if anything sprays out of the container or not. If I were to cut the cone down, we could have gotten a smaller one. The vet said it had to cover his nose.

poor Roger! :( :(

sending healing hugs his way :bighug :bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway