It's The Great Pumpkin, And It's At Wal-Mart!

Guest Energy11

Guest FullMetalFrank

It comes and goes in stores here but usually we can find it. I don't usually give it to the dogs but it's nice to have on hand if you need it, and then of course there is PIE to be considered! Last year when punkins were on sale I bought some and baked them, pureed the flesh and froze a bunch; I think I still have a few quart containers. (I save their yogurt containers; perfect size for freezing soup, leftovers, etc... either for them or us!)

While we didn't have canned pumpkin in Walmart, I have been able to purchase it in my local supermarket all summer. I am in central New Jersey.

I'm in central Jersey, too, and there's always canned pumpkin in the supermarkets. Don't know about Walmart, though.

Maryann, Bama (TW Beltram), Stephanie (Tom's Stepinhi) & Henderson the Cardigan Welsh Corgi

Went to Wally World yesterday and bought a case of Pumkpin. The cashier thought that I am baking a ton of pies... He, he, did not tell her about the dogs... In BFE they would not understand that the pumpkin is for dogs not for humans...

:( No pumpkin here yet. :hope :hope :hope :hope Praying that the Great Pumpkin will arise from the patch soon and deliver pumpkins to all the good houndies that have been good boys and girls this year!!!
gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

big cans spotted at Giant Eagle at $3.18 a can :jaw , oir local pupmpkin farmers said they shipped almost all their crop to libby's,, now think that one over,,, from Pa. to the midwest? no wonder it's $3.18 a can

Guest Energy11

big cans spotted at Giant Eagle at $3.18 a can :jaw , oir local pupmpkin farmers said they shipped almost all their crop to libby's,, now think that one over,,, from Pa. to the midwest? no wonder it's $3.18 a can

YIKES!!! Guess that is the latest ... canned pumpkin gouging!!! :angry: ... I haven't seen it anywhere but Wally World, but at least that is a start! Good Grief ... THIS season SHOULD have been an EXCELLENT growing season for the big orange squash! :colgate

Do keep posting your "Great Pumpkin" sightings!!! Who would have thought? Right?

There was an AP article in today's paper that the pumpkin shortage is now over. That was due to weather having impacted last year's crop, but this year's crop is now coming in and will be in stores shortly.

(There have been only a couple of times I haven't found it in stores here, however.)

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest Energy11

More Great Pumpklin sightings!! :colgate

Ingles Supermarkets has the small cans for $1.18/Ingles brand, and $1.48 for the Libbys brand! :ghplaybow

YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, we just need them to start stocking the larger cans! :)