It's The Great Pumpkin, And It's At Wal-Mart!

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

Good Day All!

Well, DH just called me from the local Wal-Mart (*I refuse to shop in that store :-( . Anyway, Guess What? There is CANNED PUMPKIN on the shelves!! This is the first canned pumpkin "sighting" we've had, and trust me, we look EVERYtime we go shopping!

These are the smaller cans, but, I am sure, the larger ones are enroute! I am sick of buying the organic online for $2.39/can. These were $1.39/can. Just wanted to let you all know, that "the pumpkin has landed ...' at least in the Wal-marts! B):colgate

Pumpkin arriving ... maybe Fall and cooler weather will be next? One can only hope! :lol

See link for more info! :-) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39379122/?Gt1=43001

Edited by Energy11

Guest Energy11

We;ve had canned pumpkin here continuously. I don't bake, so it doesn't much matter to me.

Got ya beat ... I don't bake at all, BUT, I do usually give the pumpkin twice a day in my greys; food. Had to taper off to once a day, buying the expensive organic stuff. NOW, if someone else would bake the pie for me, that would be different :-))

Nope, "the great pumpkin," is for my puppers.

p.s. Interesting, that you've had canned pumpkin all along in your area. NO WHERE to be found here, and when we were in Gatlinburg for Mt. Hounds, I bought the store out there, too.

Edited by Energy11

While we didn't have canned pumpkin in Walmart, I have been able to purchase it in my local supermarket all summer. I am in central New Jersey.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest VaGreymom

No pumpkin around here. Went to Walmart today and looked for some, the shelf is empty. I asked about it, and was told they haven't gotten any in months:blush I can only hope we will eventually get some.

Guest Energy11

Small and large cans on the stores this weekend for the first time in Maryland! Well used to have small cans, until I went through.

I KNOW! DH cleaned the Wal-mart shelves out today, too! I think we are all paranoid about being able to get it after such a long drought!

I was getting to the point, I planned to buy a whole pumpkin and roast the thing!

There were cases and cases of canned pumpkin at our local military commissary. We don't use it here though.B)

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Energy11

There were cases and cases of canned pumpkin at our local military commissary. We don't use it here though.B)

Wow! We are ex-military too, but never thought of that! I don't think there are too many bases close to us, and I DON'T go to Atlanta :-( When we lived in Florida, we used to like to go to Cocoa Beach to Patrick AFB. THAT was a real treat, and fun shopping, too!

We are at the mercy of Wal-mart (UGH), Food Lion, Piggly Wiggly and Ingles here. Pretty good selection of grocery stores for a small town!

Guest kelli123

We have pumpkin here in michigan all year around . Never run out of pumpkin. so if any one ever needs pumpkin in off times in your state, just email me i can get you all the pumpkin you need.

Guest Energy11

We have pumpkin here in michigan all year around . Never run out of pumpkin. so if any one ever needs pumpkin in off times in your state, just email me i can get you all the pumpkin you need.

I will keep that in mind! :-))

Guest Energy11

It must be fall; I've got pumpkin pie (not home made, of course) on the brain.

Forgot that folks use it for something or other in with kibble.

We'll forgive you! :-)) Now, you'll HAVE to get yourself some pumpkin pie! :-))

That is good news! I ended up buying a case of organic pumpkin online from Amazon when I got desperate! Our Wal-mart carries the organic (when they have it) which I love. Let's hope this pumpkin season yields a better crop so that pumpkin is easy to find again!

PS-If you get desperate, the case of pumpkin from Amazon had free shipping and I had it in a matter of a few days

Guest kelli123

I will keep that in mind! :-))

Yes please keep me in mind if any one ever needs pumpkin im here

Guest tphillips

thank you I too was using th 2.69 organic it was getting bad. will hit up wally this weekend to see what they have. as a precaution we have peapod here in the chicagoland area and they had canned pumpkin for 1.29 I bought 2 cases. 6 buck delivery we get 2 cases and no one in the homestead freaking out priceless