A Special Greyhound's Legacy

Greys4Us

Craigerface.jpg

Craiger came into our group in the spring of 2007. He turned three years old April 29, 2007. Shortly after he came to our group, he became very ill and was diagnosed with lymphoma. By the time he was diagnosed, it was too late to do anything for him. We could only take care of him one day at a time. He crossed the Rainbow Bridge September 18, 2007. Today is the third anniversary of this death. It was devastating to lose such a young dog. He had just turned three years old when we got him!

He was such a wonderful dog. Everything about him was so special. Living with him day to day until the end was one of the most special times in our lives. Although our hearts broke every day knowing that his time with us was so short, he brought us so much joy and taught us so much about living in the moment.

When he left us, we were left with such a feeling of despair and grief, that we felt that we had to honor his memory somehow. We decided to create Craiger's List in his honor. We would try to find homes for the forgotten, the left behind, those less adoptable, those sitting in kennels and on farms for long periods of time, the terminally ill, the seniors, the special needs dogs. And when we found those dogs their special forever homes, we donated the adoption fee to the Morris Animal Foundation in Craiger's memory and honored those special people who would be willing to take one of our special hounds for however long they had left.

To date, Craiger's List has resulted in our placing 48 of these hounds into forever homes. We have donated over $7,000 to the Morris Animal Foundation. And to date, no Craiger's List dog has ever been returned. That is because those people who adopt these dogs know how wonderful they are (like Craiger).

We continue to work with owners, suppliers, kennel workers and other groups to take in these dogs and find them homes. It’s the best part of doing this work. And today, we placed another Craiger's List dog in her forever home.

If you are one of those special people who understands what having these special dogs are like, or if you want to open your heart to a special dog, please visit Craiger's List. The list is updated often.

I've seen Craiger's List. What a wonderful way to honour a special hound.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest mcsheltie

The minute I opened this thread I could feel his eyes touching my soul. It is easy to tell that he was indeed a special boy. Your creation of the perfect legacy shows how special you are too. Well done!

Guest PhillyPups

Run with the angels sweet Craiger. ~

Your list is full of the hounds I seek out, however the inn is full and in overflow, so I could not even allow myself to look. ~

Ohhhhh How I wish DH would let me get another one. I pray they all get their Forever HOMES.... :hope :hope :hope

Run with the Angels Craiger! What a Great tribute to him.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

What a legacy for an absolutely beautiful pup. I am sorry he didn't get live out a full life but what has been done in his memory is heroic.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.