Bobbi (Bohemian Canal) Passed Today

Guest FreddyGirl

Guest FreddyGirl

Since the winter, Bobbi has had more difficutly walking due to issues with her front left shoulder, as well as compressed discs in her neck. I was able to accommodate her by adding a ramp off of the deck, laying rubber backed runners throughout the first floor, and "walking" her in her chariot. She has also had accupuncture every 2 weeks. Unfortunately, for 2 weeks, the pain she has been experiencing from this shoulder necessitated pain meds 24/7 as well as a course of Prednisone. She has been tripodding, placing too much strain on her compromised weak end.

I knew on Monday that today was fast approaching. I love her too much to keep her with me as her body failed in front of my eyes and quality of life deteriorated.

So today, in her beloved van, in my arms, with her pack nearby, as well as Auntie Robin, Uncle Rich and their pack, she crossed the bridge.

She was with me a short three years and two weeks. My heart is shattered and I am sick thinking about her not being here to bark at me for walks, smushing her food with her nose and flipping her dog bowls. How do I go through each day not looking into the most gorgeous brown eyes, kissing her soft face and missing my baby girl, my Sweat Pea, My Honey Bunny, my Bobbi Doodles?

The only consolation is that she is now pain free, with her sister Polli and waiting for me.

Godspeed my Precious Angel, Princess Bobbi. Remember that "No one loves you like your mama, except Auntie Robin and Uncle Rich." Keep an eye on mommy, Freddy, Molly and Corey because we will be lost without you.

BohemianCanal-1.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

The Sisters

DSC_0360.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

GIG20102.jpg

3120365.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The words seem so inadequate, but I am so very sorry.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Nancy, I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad that I got to meet your beautiful Bobbi.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Energy11

:f_pink Bobbi was a luclky girl to have found the LOVE in your heart!

I loved the photo of the two of you together!

You did the right thing by letting her go ... to The Bridge. God Speed beautiful Bobbi ... where she joins here sister, Polli, and all the others, including my late DH Bob, and my bridge kids!

Sending you lots of love and hugs! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari .... :f_pink:f_whitef_yellow:f_white:f_pink

I'm sorry. Today must have been brutally difficult for you. Your girl was lucky to have someone who cared for her so very much.

Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:cry1 I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. The photo of the two of you together is one to treasure. :grouphugf_yellow

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest jettcricket

Oh, I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.  I know how much it hurts.  God speed precious girl.

"Grieve not...nor speak of me with tears.  T'was heaven here with you"

Edited by jettcricket