Poor Count Doesn't Feel Well

Wonder

He had already been meeting and greeting his various transporters and overnighters for two days and had been at Kari's for a week. I'm sure he was just fine to go.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest PhillyPups

I thought, being away, that maybe my days were running together or I lost one. I am surprised if an e-vet was being considered that he would go to a M&G the next day. :yikes

I am glad Count is feeling better. It has been a stressful week for him. Leaving the comfort of the kennel to a 2 day GUR to a new home, to a nursing home, lots of changes for him to adjust to.

I am very leery if I have a dog feeling "off" of taking them out at all till they were feeling better for at least 24 hours. (Must be my Mom gene, fever gone for 24 hours before kid goes back to school or out.) I use this for 2 reasons, don't want other dogs getting it and don't want mine picking up something else.

DonnieDude was neutered for a week before he went out socially. :P

Moe, my skittish, shy one has just started going out a lot socially, she has been with me over a year. But Moe is a spooky kinda girl (very undersocialized) so I am taking it slow with her. :beatheart

But then I have a hard time with M&G's since I lost my Runner at one and he was the picture of health when we went. :dunno

Edited by PhillyPups

His poop was solid the next morning and his urine clear. He drank a lot of water when I got home from work that night.

He did great at the event. It was an all breed rescue/adoption event. He laid down and napped for the last hour of it.

Took him to a party tonight and he charmed everyone.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Glad he's back to feeling well. Sounds like Count is a regular party animal!!! What a great temperment. So how about some pics???

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

Kari, I'm glad Count is feeling good now. It might've just been a bug, I've had days where I felt like warmed over doggie poop & the next day felt great. He's your dog, you should be able to do whatever you want to with him.

Edited by Heehoo

Guest TeddysMom

Kari, I had a feeling when I met Count that he was going to be a really good social creature. He just didn't seem stressed out about much of anything. He is going to be a wonderful companion to anyone who is lucky enough to adopt him. I'm sure you will always to the best for him. Give him a big hug for me.

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

His poop was solid the next morning and his urine clear. He drank a lot of water when I got home from work that night.

He did great at the event. It was an all breed rescue/adoption event. He laid down and napped for the last hour of it.

Took him to a party tonight and he charmed everyone.

Sounds good, must have been a 24 hr bug that cleared up. Glad he's doing well and that he's charming everyone.

as far as Hilda's statement

He's your dog, you should be able to do whatever you want to with him.

I don't think anyone was saying she could or couldn't do anything with him but I believe if someone has a question it's shouldn't be a big deal to ask.

And Count is also MY dog as well just fyi. Just because they leave my kennel doesn't mean for a moment I stop caring about them or what happens with them.

And you can bet that if I have a question about something I will surely ask it. If that upsets someone or causes someone to be snarky well honestly I couldn't care less.

I think it's always better to ask the question and get the answers.

It's part of my involvement and attachments to my dogs and each and every dog that steps into and out of my kennel is My dog.

Anyone who deals with me personally or any of my hounds are made well aware of this. It doesn't come as a shock.

Nope, that is the truth. As the second owner of two going on three Fishdoggies I can tell you Heather always wants to know what is going on with her dogs. It works both ways. If I have a question about any of my dogs, Heather is the first person I turn to. Works out well that my dogs now happen to be hers as well. Way back many moons ago helping me with a hound health issue (DaBones) is how we met and became friends. I wish I knew a quarter of what Heather knows about greyhounds.