Poor Count Doesn't Feel Well

Wonder

I brought Count to work again tonight and about 2 hours ago, he was pacing and panting. I took him outside and he had liquid big D.

I've taken him out 2 more times and a 4th time he just peed.

He's still pacing and now whining so I took him out again and it's just water :(

Poor guy

I called the gal that comes in to work at 11pm to see if she will come in half an hour early.

I'll give him some pumpkin when we get home and hope he's feeling better tomorrow. He has his first big M&G event.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Kari, you can add in some milk or sweetened condensed milk to help him drink more.

That's a trick we do in the kennels ;)

Hope he's feeling better and whatever bug is bothering him clears up fast :goodluck

Kari, when you're at home is he drinking normally?

I ask because when he was here he wouldn't drink until I splashed my fingers in the water a bit. He acted like he'd never used a water bowl before :lol

I hope he's feeling better soon, poor buddy.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Kristin, as a racer he never has used a water bowl :D

They have buckets out in the turn out pen but that is about it.

We do sometimes put water cans in the crates after they cool down from a race or if they seem dehydrated.

but in a water bowl, nope they have no idea so good idea to show him what it's all about.

And if he is having liquid D it's very possible he's getting dehydrated and that would be the difference with the dark urine. If he's acting punky, lethargic, dark urine and big D, ya it's a vet visit to be on the safe side at least for IV fluids.

:dunno It was a big Tupperware bowl out on my screen porch...I would think it's like a bucket, but, maybe not. He didn't want anything to do with the waterer in the house (the kind that has the big 5 gallon bottle on it). He sniffed at it and walked away :lol

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

Kari, you can add in some milk or sweetened condensed milk to help him drink more.

That's a trick we do in the kennels ;)

Hope he's feeling better and whatever bug is bothering him clears up fast :goodluck

He drank a lot when we got home.

I gave him a pill and poor thing is starving but I don't want to give him kibble.

I have some frozen beef so will give him a chunk.

Kari, when you're at home is he drinking normally?

I ask because when he was here he wouldn't drink until I splashed my fingers in the water a bit. He acted like he'd never used a water bowl before :lol

I hope he's feeling better soon, poor buddy.

I was gone all day so he didn't get to drink a lot of water until now.

He's been drinking just fine- he follows what my pups do.

He just raced out of the living room so I don't think he's lethargic

Sorry Count, false alarm. Diamond saw me move my leg and thought I was getting up to let him outside so he took off to the other room and C followed :lol

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

He understands the water bowls- I think he's drank about 1 bowl full in the 1.5 hrs we have been home. Not gonna bother to go to bed yet since he will need to pee.

60954_431845197582_527687582_5552244_7909296_n.jpg

I forgot to mention, he puked when we got home. I think it was 3-4 kibbles, at least it looked like swollen up kibble.

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I hope it's just stress!! Of course, dark urine is strange. That is one of those things I would never notice unless I had them on leash since they go to the far reaches of the yard to do that!

Play it safe, Count!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

Guest TeddysMom

Kari, Just wondering if Count made it to the meet and greet. When I picked Count up, I thought his urine was pretty dark. I passed along the information to Connie but I guess I should have mentioned it to you, I was so excited about him getting to you that I forgot. I hope he is feeling good today.

Hope he is feeling better....maybe some pepto and fasting for a bit....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

While he was here he had a decent poop...not even runny, which I expected since he'd been on the road for quite a while at that point...

His urine was a bit dark but a lot of un-neutered boys have really dark urine so I didn't think anything of it... :dunno

He's fine and we did attend the M&G. He did great there and it was a zoo!

He's been drinking a lot of water so his urine is very light, almost clear.

He was straining to poop earlier but nothing liquid.

I did give him kibble and a treat tonight, hamburger this morning.

I'm so impressed with how well he's adjusting. He refused to crate this morning to eat. Goof boy!

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Am I reading this correctly?

Count last night, Friday at 12 midnight was throwing up, had dark urine and also had the big D all day on Friday. Thoughts were on late Fri night he might need to go to the vet.

But yet on Sat he attended a M&G

Is that correct? Just want to make sure I have it all straight.

:yay Count Maybe he was just a bit nervous being at work, or he had something that didn't agree. Sounds like he's doing just fine now :) Glad he had a good day at the meet and greet...he's such a sweet boy.

Is he a little less shy now? It seemed like he'd be standoffish with new people for about 10 minutes and then he'd be fine.

Count last night, Friday at 12 midnight was throwing up, had dark urine and also had the big D all day on Friday. Thoughts were on late Fri night he might need to go to the vet.

If it was one of my dogs I'd have kept him home.

I'm not comfortable bringing a new one to a M&G when I haven't had a least a week or two to get a feel for them and how'd they react in another new situation, let alone one not feeling well.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

If it was one of my dogs I'd have kept him home.

I'm not comfortable bringing a new one to a M&G when I haven't had a least a week or two to get a feel for them and how'd they react in another new situation, let alone one not feeling well.

Neither Pooter or Dodger have been to a meet and greet (not that we go to a lot of them) sine they have been here. Pooter will be 2 years in September, Dodger one year in December. Guess I am not a believer in throwing my dogs into new things their first week home. Or maybe not at all since I hate M & G's myself and don't work with any groups. :lol

Glad to hear Count is either feeling better, was never sick or both.