Timber Gone One Year Ago This Evening

Guest lynne893

Guest lynne893

Our wonderful little Timber went to the bridge one year ago this evening. It is unbelievable that she's been gone a year. It breaks my heart to pause and think about it. Those first few months passed slowly, yet oddly too fast. Then these last months went by too quickly, not slowly enough.

We miss her and I know I think about her every day. She was our heart dog, such a good, loving girl. Gentle and soulful, and playful and goofy.

She was diagnosed with alimentary lymphoma (in the gut). Ironically, my dad also passed in '99 of lymphoma and I just began a new job with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I hope that my work will help make progress in finding a cure for blood cancers, which I hope will bring progress to the fight against all other cancers, too, both human and animal.

The only thing that's made her passing easier to cope with is the adoption of our two new wonderful greyhounds on August 9 this year, Swiftie (who is a distant relative of Timber's via Wigwam Wag ? and Rooster Cogburn, I believe) and our other newbie, Greta. More on those two goofs in a different thread/different forum section.

I think Timber would want us to continue to give a good home to more of her "people," and give them the happy, comfortable, loved life we gave her.

Rest in peace and in love my little Timber. I miss you so much and will always hold a very special place in my heart for you, little girl.

Edited by lynne893

I know, it's sad and horrible. I haven't made it to a first anniversary yet. I looked up your pupper and what a unique and beautiful looking girl she was! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

I remember when you lost Timber and what a beautiful girl she was. :grouphug I'm sure she would be very happy to know you've opened your heart up to two more greys who need you. :)

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I also remember when you lost Timber. I truly believe that the best way to honour a departed dog is to open your heart to another :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Thank you for your kind and comforting thoughts, everyone. I am touched. Paula, I will always remember your kindness in helping me upload Timer's photos!

I was glad to help. I still have an album with her photos in it. She was such a pretty girl and had such a sweet face. :wub:

107_0727_r1.jpg

IMG_8357.jpg

IMG_6565.jpg

IMG_8378.jpg

IMG_4114.jpg

IMG_8425.jpg

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest lynne893

Awww, thank you for reposting those photos. It's been difficult for me to even look at pictures of her in the last year. Honestly I've avoided it because it's brought so much pain. It was good to see her darling little face.

I miss you and love you Timber!!! So much.

I remember your posts about Timber - you lost her just a few days before we lost our Tarmac. I know how much you must still miss her.

We also have two new-ish greyhounds. I am glad you have been able to add new hound members to your family. I agree that Timber would approve!