An Update On Darcy

Bevd

Some of you will know that about three weeks ago, Darcy became ill and had to be referred to a cardiologist.

Yesterday, Darcy went back to the cardiologists to have another ultrasound scan and then stay with them for a 24 hour heart monitor test. We have to wait about a week or so for the results of the heart monitor test but the scan showed a reasonably significant decrease in the size of the heart (:grin:) and it also showed that the pumping action was improved (:grin:). Emily (the cardiologist) reminds me regularly that although this is all good and it means that the drugs are doing as they should, Darcy still has severe heart disease and that the prognosis is still 'guarded'. I understand what this means and I'm under no illusions. But, I am pleased that Emily is pleased with progress, if you see what I mean :)

Emily said yesterday that when she first saw Darcy, she really felt that she wouldn't do well at all, given the state of her heart. But she is very happy to have been proved wrong on this occassion :)

We've had an increase in her medication and we're now waiting to see what the 24 hour test thingy shows before we find out if another drug is going to be added in or not - and we have to make an appointment to take Darcy back for a blood test and general check in two months time. Please send prayers to whoever you feel suitable, that we are able to make that appointment in mid November.

Tomorrow Darcy will celebrate 35 months as an osteo survivor. And now she's going to be celebrating each day for additional reasons too.

Here she is tonight, looking smug cos she has the best seat in the house

darcy14092010a.jpg

darcy14092010b.jpg

(tummy is red from being shaved and cos she reacts to the sticky things used for her heart test - and the white thing is a sticky pad which will drop off over the next few days)

darcy14092010d.jpg

(green thing on the floor is a bit of garden, courtesy of Grace)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news Bev!

What is the combined weight of Darcy and Duffy on the couch?? They look so comfy.

I'm not entirely sure of the combined weight but I must say that the reason the back of that settee (well, all our settees actually...) is so saggy is because some of the dogs (regardless of size) like to lay on the back of them :angry::lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Great news! :yay

What's a little saggy couch when you have those 2 beauties laying on it? :)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Fantastic news!!! Way to go Darcy!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Awesome way to beat the odds again! Darcy is truly a miracle!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Terrific news, Bev. :D Holding your dear one in my prayers for continued improved health and longevity. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.