Manny Had A Set Back

Guest zombrie

I am so upset right now. Manny went in today to get the broken pin out of his leg (from the first time he broke his leg). When my mom went to pick him up from the vet (he had to be put under) he was a filthy, bloody mess. They told us that he had several seizures, we're guessing from the meds they gave him with the combination of stress.

When he was brought in he was a perfectly happy dog with all his sores completely healed and even starting to grow hair. When he was picked up, he was miserable with his legs cut up and bloody and covered in dried poop. The nasty sore that took months to heal is back again

This is so upsetting, this poor dog isn't going to get a break is he??

I'm so sorry for Manny and (((hugs))) to you too. Did the staff not try to at least clean him up? I would think that was the least they could do for him.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

I would definitely have a long conversation with the owner of the clinic. If it was my hound, I would suggest to them that they refund any monies to me and consider that a fair trade off versus the alternative which would be a very public display of the condition your hound was found in when you picked him up. I would not be polite or kind. I would also never use said clinic again.

I would definitely have a long conversation with the owner of the clinic. If it was my hound, I would suggest to them that they refund any monies to me and consider that a fair trade off versus the alternative which would be a very public display of the condition your hound was found in when you picked him up. I would not be polite or kind. I would also never use said clinic again.

Times Two!

------

Jessica

Prayers to you.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I would be horribly upset at the condition he was in. I would think dried poop on a leg with an open wound would be setting him up for an infection! Hope he heals quickly. Poor guy.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I would be horribly upset at the condition he was in. I would think dried poop on a leg with an open wound would be setting him up for an infection! Hope he heals quickly. Poor guy.

My thoughts exactly. And I would point this out to the vet and request, calmly but in no uncertain terms, an explanation. Oh wait, I guess I meant "demand"! :)

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

This whole things doesn't seem right to me at all. I can understand that you're upset.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Oh poor Manny, enough he was already stressed but that kind of treatment is not acceptable, did the staff have any explantion????? I do hope you get to the bottom of this so maybe it won't happen to another poor dog. But I also agree with the others, I would never go back there and I would make sure whoever is running that place needs to get things fixed. Please give sweet Manny a gentle hug from me and the Jersey Boys :bighug