Rose- My Brave Osteo Hound

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

She is really doing far above our expectations! Her leg is massively swollen like there is an orange or something in there, but just try telling her she needs to chill! She's back to eating like a champ, too. She's shedding (and she already blew her coat earlier this summer) but that's the only real sign that something's wrong, aside from the leg of course.

Taken last night:

13sep10048.jpg

13sep10047.jpg

Check out my new Greyhound shirt, too! ("If you can see the floor, there's room for more!)

13sep10046.jpg

And taken at BorzoiMom's place:

13sep10043.jpg

Edited by FastDogsOwnMe

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Thank you everyone for your kind words about our girl. I am so paranoid about her injuring that huge lump in her knee... but there is NO slowing her down.

Guest BorzoiMom

She really is such a happy, happy dog, she knows she has it good. :) She loves getting into the car, I was walking her and someone was walking to their car, it was all I could do to keep her from knocking the person down and jumping in!

Good girl Rose :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

wtg Rose :clap What a beautiful girl!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest BorzoiMom

Here's the swollen bone that is causing the trouble. In the running photo Fastdogs posted it's the one you can see - foot on the ground.

Rose007.jpg

I think it's even bigger now, just a few days I think. :(

Sorry that's blurry.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

I wonder if anyone else has seen such visible outward growth??

Can you start a new thread so people will see it? Or post up in the osteo diagnosis thread :)

Guest HappyHarleysMom

Rose is beautiful! That big smile on her face says it all about her bright spirit, and I love the close up of her bright green eyes.

I'm sorry to be playing catch up here - I understand a bit from the subject title, but how old is she if I may ask?

Like Magdalyn58 said, Rose has a beautiful positive spirit that shows through in pictures.