Pj And Panty Thief

Guest aeroangie

Guest aeroangie

I just wonder why Otis is always taking undergarmets, shoes and PJ's and putting them in his bed. He doesn't harm them at all (actually, he doesn't rip up his toys either.) Now, anytime a shoe is missing, I know exactly where it is but I do want him to stop. I know he is a puppy, and some of these things are his age. Oh yeah, he is 11 months old. I am wondering when he might mellow out a little?

Thanks!

If he's only collecting them and not chewing the heck out of them, I'd say he's pretty mellow for only being 11 months old!:lol Some greyhounds are collectors all their lives.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest robandtammy

Brook is our little collector. She turns 2 on Saturday. She'll make endless trips in between the front hall shoe rack and her crate, if she's allowed. She picks up one shoe at a time and places it in the back corner of her crate. She'll "sneak" back out, look around, and go for another unless we say something. Sometimes I just sit back and watch her collection grow. She once had the whole rack of shoes in her crate! She does not chew or destroy, just takes them. I don't have an issue with this...it could be so much worse!!!

Lucy collects things too. She is 4. She started with shoes. Now it is anything within reach. We are learning to clean up after ourselves! Tonight she took my husband's wallet off the coffee table and we found the credit cards in one room, the cash in another, and the wallet with just a few tooth marks in the playroom (which is where she stashes everything).

She starts with all the dog beds and blankets, so I sewed her a few big blobs to move around thinking that might satisfy her. Didn't work. Now she moves all the dog stuff, then the blobs and other dog toys, then shoes, then laundry or anything else on the floor.

We take all the stuff back into the dog room once or twice a day just so she can do it again. I think it's her favorite game. I have to get a video of it one of these days!

LOL at the pool noodle!!!