Has Anyone Tried Stem Cell Therapy For Arthritis?

Guest TexasGreytMom

Guest TexasGreytMom

Our Dora is currently on Previcox for arthritis. It's worked wonders and she moves like a puppy and is more playful than she's been in years. All good things. But, we're fearful of the effect this med may have on her kidneys or liver. Regular bloodwork has assured us that, so far, everything is fine. But, we worry about any long-term affects the drug will have on her if we continue with it.

The other day, I ran across info on stem cell therapy for arthritis in dogs. I'm just in the info gathering phase and wondered if anyone here has tried it or has any info to share on the subject? Appreciate anything you're able to to share. Thanks so much!

No but I am not sure it will help that much in the long run. The following is just my personal opinion, of course. I think of it being used for injury or post surgical as the more likely approaches. If it is osteoarthritis then I cannot imagine that the improvement from stem cell therapy would hold up in the long run if the osteophytes are not removed. Suppose it would think success would depend on the amount, size, location of osteophytes. Again, just my opinion.

Are you doing research for a way to help you pup or did your vet suggest this?