Laddie Seems To Be In Pain Out Of Nowhere

Guest amn70

Laddie has been fine until about 2 hour ago. Last evening we went for our evening walk and he was fine. Last night he actually was jumping around playing with his toys, for about 5 minutes, something he actually rarely does. He woke up this morning acting normal, went out and did his business, came in and ate like normal. He was moving around and acting totally fine. Lounged on his bed like normal.

About an hour or so later I asked him if he wanted to go out to poop since he tends to prefer to poop after breakfast. He got up and started walking kinda awkwardly and crying like he was hurt. I couldn't imagine what he did. I thought maybe he slept in a funny position during that hour that left him with a cramp somewhere. He managed to walk outside into his run though he definitely was acting strange though not crying anymore. He finally pooped, which looked normal BTW, and I brought him back in and he went right to his bed to lay down which he normally doesn't do right after coming in. Since then he only wants to lay down. If I call him he will get up but immediately he wants to go back to his bed to lay down. I touched him all over and manipulated his legs and it doesn't seem to be triggering a reaction from him.

I don't want to panic and run him to the vet just yet. So I gave him an bufferd aspirin and I am simply going to watch him for the remainder of the day. If I don't see an improvement by tomorrow the I will probably take him to the vet. He was just at the vet 3 days ago for his yearly checkup and Rabies shot and everything was fine. Is it likely that he indeed just pulled a muscle or something?

Edited by amn70

He could have pulled something, or had a muscle cramp from playing, especially if he doesn't do it often.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Energy11

It does sound like he pulled something.

If he is eating, drinking, peeing and pooing, I'd give it till tomrrow, and see how he is. Of course, he something changes, he needs to see the vet.

Hoping he feels better, SOON!

Best wishes.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Well it looks like Laddie has gotten over whatever damage he did to himself yesterday. After I gave him the aspirin he seemed to improve for a few hours, appearing almost to be back to normal. Then later in the afternoon the symptoms seem to return worse then before. He was clearly in pain as he was now light panting and had a drippy nose, clear signs he was stressed. He now seemed to be uncomfortable laying down as well but it seemed to depend on the position he was laying in and he was having a hard time getting up. When I could finally get him up he was even was afraid to go down the stairs so he stayed upstairs most of the day. Later that evening he seemed to improve and I finally was able to get him to go downstairs and outside and by his last outing at 11pm he was back to his old self. No symptoms at all. This morning he woke up fine and so far no symptoms at all. I guess he's over it. Really started get worried the way it went from bad to better to worse.

Edited by amn70

That is good news! I hope whatever it was, doesn't come back!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.