My Twins Would Of Been 52 Today

6greyhounds

Today my twins Al and Sandi would of been 52 - Al passed away 12/24/2007 and Sandi 11/30/2009 - both to different forms of cancer - Al to head and neck, Sandi to lung cancer. I am trying to cope today and will try and do numerous things to try and keep my sanity

Some of my greyhound friends have been e-mailing me especially Ms. Nedra and Kate and I want to thank them both

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

:grouphug:f_pink:grouphug

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Thank you Mary and myself are going to try and go to a reunion today if nothing pops up that prevents us from going. You try to remember the good things but then the other image comes to mind of how they suffered and how much weight they lost from this dreadful disease. Praying they find a cure so others do not have to suffer and tha is for our beloved greyhounds also

Guest PhillyPups

:bighug

Beryl I cannot imagine the burden of the losses you carry. :bighug

I am sure your twins would want you to celebrate the good times in life, and know they are no longer suffering.

I will keep you in our prayers. :bighug

:grouphug Beryl, I tried to enlarge this hug icon to send you the biggest one I could. Thinking of you today, sweetie.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Beryl, my heart goes out to you on this difficult day. The birthdays or anniversaries of those we have loved and lost are always the hardest. Your twins would want you to remember them at their happiest times. Please know we are all thinking of you and wishing you to find some comfort in those sweetest memories. grouphug.gif

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Thank you all - I will try and keep busy today - just told Tina about the baby aspirin caper that was pulled by Sandi who had climbed up on a very high cabinet and took a bottle of unopened baby aspirin and ate them all - she was about 2 at the time. Al opened up his mouth and pointed to it and said not me Mom and pointed to Sandi say it her not me. Her mouth was as orange as orange could be but not a trace in him. Off to the ER where they gave her Ipecac (sp) and that was back in 1960. Wonder what they do today

The aspirin caper is too cute, though I'm sure you were frantic at the time.

Hugs for you this day.

:grouphug

Edited by Saharasmom

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

yes I was frantic with the aspirin caper - with my oldest 17 mo older than the twins it was what one did not think of the other one did. Another caper that involved all three was getting in my cupboard and mixing flour, sugar, coffee and what ever else they could grab and mixing it together. That is when I bought bicycle locks and put on all my cabinets.

Beryl, You are in my thoughts and prayers today.... :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

The aspirin caper is too funny. It is always the memories that can be cherished and never taken away. :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

oh yes they used to get into a lot of things and I do belive Sandi was the ring leader. Don't have any recent pics of them but will see if I can dig up something even when they were babies. Ha babies Al was 8lb 11 oz when he was born and Sandi a shrimp at 6 lb 5 oz. Baby elephants for twins back themn :lol

Thinking of you today. It is so difficult when our babies are ill, regardless of age. My son had cancer, too, when he was 12, but, thankfully, he is a survivor and now 19. I remember that time way to vividly. Please consider yourself hugged. Cancer stinks.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

{{{{{{{{{{Beryl}}}}}}}}}}

Happy Birthday over the rainbow, Al and Sandi.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Beryl, you have had more than your share of sorrows, but I am sure that those who have gone on ahead would not want you to mourn, but rather remember them and all the things cute and funny that made them special. I am sure the aspirin caper was just one of a hundred that you will be remembering today. Regardless of where you find yourself today, know that many of us here are with you in spirit and keeping you tucked tightly in our prayers. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest greyt2love

Beryl, I'm so sorry. You have had more than your share of hard losses, but as others have said, try to remember the happy, fun things as much as possible. I hope you make it to the reunion and have a wonderful time in mmemory of and in honor of Al and Sandi.

Hugs and prayers coming to you from the middle of PA!

Deb