Meet My Family

Guest Karen

Hello everyone. This is one of my first posts here, despite having had an account for a little while now. I've been a bit of a lurker, so it's only polite I introduce myself at some point. I'm from Largo, Florida and have had Greyhounds now for almost two years. I volunteer with a local adoption group on occasion and have adopted from several organizations in the area. I compete regularly in AKC agility and obedience, though my Greyhounds are still in the learning stages of both of these venues. I love to enter my ex-racer Greys in the rare Florida AKC coursing trials that come around, though we only just started racing for titles. Without further ado, here are my kids:

The Inseparable Brindles

Vivian | Atascocita Viv | Fast On Your Heels JC | Blue Collar

My six year old not-so-petite female acquired in February of last year. She's laid back, and thoroughly enjoying the retired life. She's my wild woman and funny girl, since she clearly has no shame and is the first one to attempt anything new. On occasion she will also have painted nails, which she willingly puts her feet in my lap for. This girl is my husband's heart dog, and she holds a special place in the family for being the peacekeeper. Vivian attained her Junior Courser title in June of this year, though watch out while coursing with her; miss Viv can turn on a dime.

Indy | Backwood Tuffy | Fast Track Indy JC | Red Collar

The big, goofy three-and-a-half year old we acquired in May of this year. He's a New Years baby, and a bit childish though loves to please as long as he's having fun too. I'm just starting agility with this long-legged loverboy, and he will be jumping a whopping 26" when we get to that point in our training. This kid is lightning fast, so I'm not sure why he was adopted out. I'm assuming he was too busy being the bouncing clown than catching the bunny, but that works for me. Indy attained his Junior Courser title in June of this year.

Greys1.pngGreys2.pngGreys3.png

The Baby

Atari | Black Collar

How I happened by this pup is pure luck (Thanks Jen!!!). He's an infant at only six weeks yesterday, and is my gorgeous baby fawn that I have been dying to get my hands on for some time. I've become friendly with a couple adoption groups in my area, and each time a pup would come around, something would happen that dashed my chances. After a lot of heartbreak, I finally found one through a kind stranger, and I'm hoping he and I have a lot of happy, healthy years together. I have high hopes in an active lifestyle with him, ie. agility and coursing, but there's still plenty of time for that.

Greys4.pngGreys5.pngGreys6.png

Honorary Grey

Maverick | Himark's Aces and Eights OA OAJ CD | Sheltie

Maverick was my first dog on my own, and at two-and-a-half years, he's still a baby in his own right. He is my first agility or obedience dog, and is a very smart, sensitive boy. He holds a special place in my heart for his supreme loyalty to me, and his eagerness to always make me happy. I take this kid with me everywhere I go, even to work everyday because he falls apart without me. He loves running, chasing, eating and pleasing even more than my brindles do. Funny enough, he's the only one in the household who is actually grey!

Mav1.pngMav2.png

Wow, they are all gorgeous!

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida!

:welcome2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Welcome! I love the pics. Mav is an AMAZING, gorgeous dog, typical of Judy's outstanding Shelties!

Kiss Atari for me... his sisters miss him!

Oh, he is, isn't he? He's been wonderful with the puppy, and was the first one to take Atari under his "wing", so to speak. He's even become a little protective of his little brother as of late, and has to inspect anyone who comes near him first. I was amazed that I heard him growl at someone he did not know approaching the puppy today!

Atari gets so many kisses already, but I'll squeeze another in for you, lol. We should set up playdates as often as possible.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Absolutely!! Man oh man he is gorgeous. I am THRILLED beyond words that I just happened to (almost jokingly!) ask you if you'd want a puppy if I managed to get them. And then the rest, as they say, is history. Knowing now how much it means to you makes it even more special. I couldn't be happier for him.

That is so cute that Atari has a protector. They will give him all the life lessons he'd otherwise be missing due to being without his mom. My pack is certainly teaching my little terrors the ways of the world. Now that Echo has gone on her way to her new home, they're tormenting Monet, who is not really impressed :lol

Welcome, what an adorable family!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely!! Man oh man he is gorgeous. I am THRILLED beyond words that I just happened to (almost jokingly!) ask you if you'd want a puppy if I managed to get them. And then the rest, as they say, is history. Knowing now how much it means to you makes it even more special. I couldn't be happier for him.

That is so cute that Atari has a protector. They will give him all the life lessons he'd otherwise be missing due to being without his mom. My pack is certainly teaching my little terrors the ways of the world. Now that Echo has gone on her way to her new home, they're tormenting Monet, who is not really impressed :lol

Oops. I completely forgot to check back here. I'm really lousy about staying active on forums.

Atari is doing really well at this point, though he still is lacking in the manners department. Part of the problem there is that none of the other dogs will scold him anymore for his misbehavior, so he gets away with a lot in my household. Stealing food, nipping, rough play, peeing on the other dog's beds, you name it! I like the names you've chosen for the girls. Very appropriate. I think mine would be "Wily" if kept with the theme. :P

Beautiful family!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.