13 And Still Going Strong!

Guest shelsdina1

Guest shelsdina1

Hi eveeryone I am new to this site.. My adopted retires greyhound will be 13 this December!! Yay! we haven't had any health problems other than his teeth,,, I Love my Chilly so much!! I feel as if I am lucky to have had him for all of these years?? Has anyone had a greyhound for 12 years?? I am sure there is someone.. I wold like to talk to his siblings owners too his racing name is Carolina's Chill

Thanks

Dina

shelsdina1@aol.com

Welcome, and glad to hear your boy is in good health. There are a number of people on here that have or had senior greys, and one was almost 20! Made the news and the papers and all. I'm sure they will all chime in.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

I don't have a sibling but I have a 14 1/2 year old who still thinks she's a puppy! Welcome to GT and I hope you"ll post a picture of your boy so we can all see how handsome he is!

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

My buddy boy Sutra is 12 1/2 years old...he has osteosarcoma in his shoulder. His birthday is December 2nd and I am really hoping he makes it to his 13th birthday :)

The old ones are so much fun...I have Sutra who is 12 1/2, Ace and Fritz who are 9. Pinky is just 7 years old and my IG Skimmie is 6. My household is aging! Thankfully they've all been in relatively good health, and we take any health problems as they come.

13 and still going strong is AWESOME :yay

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Hi eveeryone I am new to this site.. My adopted retires greyhound will be 13 this December!! Yay! we haven't had any health problems other than his teeth,,, I Love my Chilly so much!! I feel as if I am lucky to have had him for all of these years?? Has anyone had a greyhound for 12 years?? I am sure there is someone.. I wold like to talk to his siblings owners too his racing name is Carolina's Chill

Thanks

Dina

shelsdina1@aol.com

:welcome2

Chilly is very handsome! :wub: (Do they have his birthdate wrong on greyhound-data? )

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Hi Dina, So glad your Chilly is in such good health, my boy Rembrandt joined our family when he was just 18 months old, we were lucky enough to have him a very long time, he was one week short of 15 years young when he crossed the bridge. Wouldn't it be GREYT if all our hounds could be with us that long :nod. Our boys now are 5 years old and 10.5 years old, hoping and praying they are with us for a very long time. Please give that Chilly Boy a big hug from us :bighug

I have an 11.5 year old broodie who thinks she is about 2.5. No sibs but related through Dutch.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

We said goodbye to our 14 1/2 year old in June. She was with us for over ten years. She did so very well until the last four weeks when congestive heart failure just couldn't be controlled anymore. 13 is still young in my book and Lucy was still quite active at that age. Wishing you and your pup many happy months and years ahead!

My boy is 12 and a half and is really doing very well! He has a few very minor things to deal with (is on metacam for arthritis and has trouble with the heat - and the hind end is a bit shaky!) But he is still very active; demands his two walks a day, eats like a piggie, play bows and "dances" for me several times a day and now that it's cooler, zoomies in the yard are making a reappearance!

I know how very lucky I am and every day thank him for still being his wonderful self! :blush

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves