Likes To Be Hand-Fed

Guest Tequila

Guest Tequila

Nice to know I'm not the only "human" raised feeder! :rolleyes:

Tequila really likes me to hold the bowl for her. It's so funny....if I place it on the floor, she will walk away and not eat it. But when Mommy holds the bowl, I guess it tastes better, I don't know!

I now have a picky eater who has been that way from the time she arrived at 9 wks old. She had been started on Canidae & this was a couple years ago when they suddenly changed the formula. So I blamed the formula change & tried switching foods. She liked new food for about a week. We tried various things over time & made sure there was no medical reason to be found. I just had to suck it up, quit worrying about her weight being as her vet called it, "Runway model thin," & apply some tough love. Food bowl went down at the same time the Grey's did. She had until the Grey finished eating to tuck in. If not, the food bowl came up, was emptied & she got food again, those exact same pieces of kibble, at the next meal. And it worked... NOT! :lol

The little stinker remains a picky eater. Sometimes she eats. Sometimes she sniffs, lays down in front of her bowl & may or may not eat some. Sometimes she walks away & lays down on a bed in another room. I am over it. Food goes down, Grey finishes eating, unless staghound is then actively eating the food is removed. She is now 2 yo, a healthy though quite lean weight & still usually overflowing with energy. I do dread having to feed her during illness or when she gets old. It'll be a major PITA.

Also, she will not eat raw food. Turkey necks & chicken backs are play things & nothing including chopping or grinding will get her to eat them. Raw ground beef gets a baffled look & hunks of raw beef require removal from the bowl, taken to a bed & licked, licked, licked, until eventually chewed. GADS

Oh, and all through this she would always take training treats enthusiastically, unless raw, sometimes including the exact same kibble she rejected at her last meal. Little wench!