Miles Bad Breath

Miles has such bad breath its terrible.. We had his teeth cleaned.

The vet said its probably his digestion.

Scope, Listerine or something else for dogs ??

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

At one of the GPA WI renunions I met this woman selling herbal remedies for hounds. I have a hound that has bad teeth (reason for her death-breath). This woman gave me some minty smelling oil to rub on Olive's gums and also said that her digestion could also contribute to her bad breath. She suggested one of her "group" herbal products. I didnt follow-up to order the whole line of herbs, but you may want to do a google search for herbal remedies and greyhounds, maybe she has a website, or maybe someone here from WI will know who I am talking about and connect you with her.

Chad

Just a personal experience here. I realize there are many problems that can lead to bad breath. But our Tripod Jamey was on Veterinary food (MediCal Reduced Protein) for a year after his amputation, because he developed kidney problems. He had HORRIBLE breath. Recently he developed inflammatory bowel disease and we were forced to change his food- to Hill's Z/D Ultra...and his bad breath TOTALLY disappeared! It was the food that was causing the bad breath. (A blessing in disguise maybe?) So maybe it's just a change in food that may be needed?

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest Olivia0208

Hey Shirley - I go w/ changing the food for Miles, slowly introduce new food. And I'm sure he's not getting a lot of table scraps.....lol

Edited by Olivia0208

Guest greygirls2

If you're sure it's not the teeth or gums then I suggest a dollop of yogurt in the food or fed straight if he'll eat it. I use plain non fat yougurt but vanilla works well too. It balances out the bacteria in the digestive tract.

Guest greybookends

If you're sure it's not the teeth or gums then I suggest a dollop of yogurt in the food or fed straight if he'll eat it. I use plain non fat yougurt but vanilla works well too. It balances out the bacteria in the digestive tract.

I was thinking this as well.

I started using Petzlife for Leah's teeth a couple of weeks ago because of positive results on GT and the first thing I noticed was how her breath cleared up as well as her teeth getting white!!! I couldn't believe how well it worked, I got the peppermint flavored gel.

Guest BlueCrab

Hope some of the suggestions work for Miles.

We started on Petzlife spray last night, after reading all the positive feedback on GT. I can buy it from a guy down the street who has a holistic / organic pet food store. He's out of the gel, so we'll start with the spray and I'll continue to brush regularly with the paste I currently have.

Both dogs have pretty bad breath and Leyland's teeth are pretty grungy (that's how he came to us from the humane society - we haven't done a dental on him yet), so I'll be curious to see what happens. Both dogs are on Canidae, which I believe isn't bad stuff, so I don't THINK it's the food that's causing the bad breath, but...I dunnno.

I may try the suggestion of a dollop of yogurt as suggested above, too.