Mellow Man Memphis

Guest guinness_the_greyt

:cry1:grouphug I'm so very sorry you've lost your special Memphis. :f_white

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vahoundlover

It never gets any easier Amanda, but their stories we must tell. :grouphug Our babies have touched our lives in countless ways, the gifts they give us are beyond measure. I'm so sorry you lost your Handsome Mellow Man, he reminds me so much of Mack.

What a special soul indeed, Godspeed Memphis :f_red

Edited by vahoundlover

As others have said, your tribute made me feel as if I knew Memphis. I'm so sorry he had to go, but so glad he woke you to say good-bye! Bless his heart and yours.

:f_white:grouphug:f_white

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

It sounds as though you two were meant for each other and so lucky to have found one another. I am so sorry he had to leave. Memphis, watch over your Mom. Godspeed, handsome!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh Amanda, what a beautiful tribute. It made me cry buckets. I can feel the grief in your words, I know you must miss him terribly :cry1:grouphug

Rest in peace, beautiful Memphis. Please keep the smell of your ears in your mum's nostrils so it stays with her, and so it helps heal her heart...:brokenheart

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm so sorry Amanda. What a very special fellow he was. I'm glad you had each other.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I love your descriptions of him.

I'm so sorry...

:grouphug

:cry1 I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sometimes Amanda, the unwanted or imperfect ones are the best and most heart valuable treasure. You were so very wise to recognize this wonderful boy for the true treasure he has been to you. Pain is the price we pay for love but the true pain is in missing them. I know you miss your Memphis dearly. I so appreciate all the times you shared him with us so we could know him as you do. Hearts heal when they are ready and I hope yours heals well with the pleasure of wonderful memories of your handsome Memphis.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Oh Amanda, what a tribute to your beautiful boy. :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Oh Amanda.........what a beautiful tribute to your special Man. It made me weep for you for what you have lost. What a special greyhound he was.

{{{Hugs}}} on this sad anniversary

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

MMM, what a tribute your mom wrote for you, so full of your love for each other. Godspeed dear boy :gh_run and :grouphug for your mom.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What a beautiful tribute to such a special boy. The reason he kept getting picked over at the adoption events is because he was meant for you. :grouphug

Handsome Memphis, you are missed and loved forever. :heart

:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France