Introducing Finley!

Guest breakxdownn

Guest breakxdownn

A week ago my husband and I sent in our application to adopt a greyhound. Things moved pretty fast as we had our home visit this week and were told there was a dog that's a good match for us. We were even more surprised when we were told that we could meet him and take him home with us next Saturday! We were given a description of him from his foster family now and have seen several pictures. He's beautiful and we are already in love!

http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?i=1316473&gd_session=u524Sl

This is my favorite picture of him so far: http://i53.tinypic.com/2rw49js.jpg

That is him! He broke his leg in May and had surgery on it, so he is still recovering and has a limp still. We are going to officially adopt him at a greyhound picnic in the area when his foster mom brings him there if everything goes well (and i don't see why it wouldn't!). I will keep you all updated and of course have pictures next weekend!

In the meantime, any suggestions on bringing him home for the first time and helping him settle in are much welcome!

Guest PhillyPups

What a handsome boy he is. :beatheat

Of course a big soft dog bed is a must. :lol. I find the Costco beds are greyt, if you are near one. As a new owner it is best to keep him on the same food he is used to.

And fresh batteries in your camera. :lol

Relax and enjoy him. :)

Congreytulations in advance! He looks like a beauty!

If his leg allows it, taking a new dog on walks is a great way to relieve stress and to bond.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Beautiful, beautiful boy. Congratulations.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

He's gorgeous....not that I'm partial to big brindle boys or anything....:lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest breakxdownn

Thank you everyone :) We picked Finley up earlier this afternoon at the picnic and he is absolutely amazing. Love at first sight! He was really excited to see all the other greyhounds at the picnic. When we brought him home, he explored the house, even the upstairs! He was a little leery to come back down the stairs but he made it. Other than that, he's just been chillin' since we brought him home! Here are a few pictures from today:

010.jpg

At the picnic checking out a toy

042.jpg

053.jpg

He already likes looking out the window

069-1.jpg

And thus begins his life as a retiree...

Congratulations...he is very handsome!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Wow! Look how quickly he's settled in. :) He's very handsome.

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)