Saturday Morning Update

Jeff

I liked the double-click... :(

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greyt2love

I like the double click, too. If you are going to scroll all the way to the bottom, past all the reply stuff and everything else there, you may as well just scroll to the top ! The button at the bottom is kinda useless!!!:)

On the other hand, the "edit" function is working much better for me than it has since the last upgrade!

Edited by greyt2love

I liked the double click too. :(

I love the greytalk mobile for my phone but when I choose that it saves it and defaults to that on my laptop as well. SO I have to remember that I have to change it back everytime.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Maybe I'm a wet blanket, but.... you know pressing the "home" key on your keyboard pops you to the top of the screen again.

(You're welcome Jeff :colgate )

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

Got a question, what is the difference between inline conversation and personal conversation? I just got a pm and was notified here and on my email so I went to check my settings but now I am a bit confused...

Home on a mac is fn +up arrow, there isn't a home button. So the double click was nice :)

I will say that I also liked the "double-click" :(

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

I wish all the websites/message boards used the double click. I even try using it at work. Its gonna be a hard habit to break now.

Home key!!!!! Ohmygosh, the things that will amuse me!!! Thanks

Ok, so I got the notification on email and replied to it only to realize that if you reply to the emailed version it goes back to admin and thinks it is a "ticket" :lol So, if you get it Jeff you can ignore it. I turned off the email notification so shouldn't get that anymore but still want to see what the other two are.

Ok, so I got the notification on email and replied to it only to realize that if you reply to the emailed version it goes back to admin and thinks it is a "ticket" :lol So, if you get it Jeff you can ignore it. I turned off the email notification so shouldn't get that anymore but still want to see what the other two are.

that has always been like that, and we got a lot of tickets started as what should have been a reply to a PM lol

Funny since one of the first things in the notification is:

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!

You can reply to this personal conversation by following the link below:

Got a question, what is the difference between inline conversation and personal conversation? I just got a pm and was notified here and on my email so I went to check my settings but now I am a bit confused...

No clue, where do you see them?

Home on a mac is fn +up arrow, there isn't a home button. So the double click was nice :)

All the more reason to get a PC :P

large.greyhound_signature.gif

:P I didn't say I read the whole email :lol In my defense tho, it wasn't one of the first things listed. It is actually at the bottom of the notification.

I just never got them before so I guess the settings went back to default after the update. :dunno

Go to my settings and then under notification options it lists personal conversation and inline notification... just wanted to see what the difference is.

Is it just my computer, or are certain navigation buttons missing in the mobile version? For example, Cute and Funny contains over 200 pages. Clicking on C&F brings up the first page of topics, but once I get to the bottom, don't see a button to get to the second page and beyond.

Same thing seems to be the case for the individual topics with multiple pages. Opening a topic brings up the first post, scrolling down to read gets me to the bottom, then there is no way to get to the next page.

Perhaps this is one of those kinks you're still ironing out; nevertheless, wanted to mention it.

As others have said, kudos and many thanks for all you do for the USA and for this outstanding board, which is a constant source of information and entertainment!

Annie Lambert

Yes, use the > buttons on each page to move between pages/topics/etc

Move to other FORUM pages

mobile1.png

Move to other pages within a THREAD

mobile2.png

Same but at the bottom

mobile3.png

(Note, these are from my PC, I have not advanced to the smartphone realm yet)

I like the double click, too. If you are going to scroll all the way to the bottom, past all the reply stuff and everything else there, you may as well just scroll to the top ! The button at the bottom is kinda useless!!!:)

On the other hand, the "edit" function is working much better for me than it has since the last upgrade!

While I enjoyed the double click (unless I was trying to highlight a word in my reply), I'm not seeing that there's a huge amount of scrolling to hit the bottom of the screen and find the "top" button. By the time you've read the entire thread, you're almost at the bottom anyway, aren't you? I use a wheel mouse, and it was two strokes with my finger to reach the bottom and hit the "top" button. It takes 13 strokes on the wheel to scroll all the way to the top.

Also, the "End" button on your PC keyboard will jump you all the way to the bottom with a single press of your finger, and then you can hit the "top" button. (granted, more work than just hitting the "home" button, but just pointing it out)

Does anyone else remember how people commented because the "top" button disappeared in the last major update? Now we're commenting because it's back? :lol

Jeff, I'm glad you got the skin fixed - this is so much better than right after the update was done. :)

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I miss the double-click too, but ok, I will learn to live without it. However, another thing I noticed, all the threads are marked as read, I know I have no life, but there is no way, so this makes it harder to tell if there is something new in a thread I've been following, just reporting it, not bitching :) Oh, I use Firefox, if that helps....

spud_karma_sig.jpgmed_gallery_2551_3357_5098.jpg

Ivon, Spud, Karma & Sasha

Missing Darla (05-22-96 03-01-2010)

However, another thing I noticed, all the threads are marked as read, I know I have no life, but there is no way, so this makes it harder to tell if there is something new in a thread I've been following, just reporting it, not bitching :) Oh, I use Firefox, if that helps....

All threads will be marked as read if you use the mark forum read within a forum and all threads in all forums will be marked as read if you use the mark forum as read on the main page. That's normal. I've not noticed anything different than that since the update.

I miss the double-click too, but ok, I will learn to live without it. However, another thing I noticed, all the threads are marked as read, I know I have no life, but there is no way, so this makes it harder to tell if there is something new in a thread I've been following, just reporting it, not bitching :) Oh, I use Firefox, if that helps....

Clear your cookies, or at least your GT cookies. It is good to clear them all once in a while, but if you just want to clear the GT one, there is a link at the very bottom of the page. That should help. You will need to log in again once you clear them.

Clear your cookies, or at least your GT cookies. It is good to clear them all once in a while, but if you just want to clear the GT one, there is a link at the very bottom of the page. That should help. You will need to log in again once you clear them.

I did clear the cookies, and logged back in, same thing. It used to be that any topic I had not read showed up in bold, it also did that that if I had read it but someone added a new post, now none of the topics show up in bold, so I can't easily tell if I read it or not since someone else posted. I tried it in Firefox and IE, looks the same in both, just reporting it, may not be an issue to anyone else. Oh, and I did not hit the "mark as read" link, or else this would make sense, first I thought maybe new topics added after the upgrade would show up in bold, but they don't.....

spud_karma_sig.jpgmed_gallery_2551_3357_5098.jpg

Ivon, Spud, Karma & Sasha

Missing Darla (05-22-96 03-01-2010)

it appears to be working correctly for everyone else. It works the same as in the past, like you mentioned. Odd that you tried 2 different browsers and get the same thing. I can't see it being temp net files, but it can't hurt deleting them. Since you are able to remain logged in, you are accepting cookies. Of you want, open a ticket with your login info and I can log in as you to verify if it is your account or your computer.

I did clear the cookies, and logged back in, same thing. It used to be that any topic I had not read showed up in bold, it also did that that if I had read it but someone added a new post, now none of the topics show up in bold, so I can't easily tell if I read it or not since someone else posted. I tried it in Firefox and IE, looks the same in both, just reporting it, may not be an issue to anyone else. Oh, and I did not hit the "mark as read" link, or else this would make sense, first I thought maybe new topics added after the upgrade would show up in bold, but they don't.....

I am seeing the same thing. I've tried it on two separate computers, both running Windows XP. Both using Firefox 3.6.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

It looks like nothing is wrong, and this is just some miscommunication. When I saw 'It used to be that any topic I had not read showed up in bold' I took that to mean the graphic marker, not the text. Before the update I did have the TEXT set to display in bold. This was because on the last update, we moved from a single topic marker, this one bf_new.gif and nothing denoting a read topic, to the new system which has been in place here in Greytalk for about 10 months now, the legend is in the bottom right of the topic listing page, and looks like this:

forum_legend.png

10 months ago, in order to get used to looking at the new system, I made unread topics bold. I have not redone that edit, I figured after 10 months we all would have recognized the topic marker changes. They look like the legend above, and here is another quick view:

topic_markers.png

I didn't want to put the BOLD text beck because it changes the size of the text and makes things look less uniform/symmetrical.

Jeff - thanks for the explanation. I will now pay attention to the flags. You sound like my DH - he likes everything symmetrical and uniform. Were you an engineer before being a coastie? I deliberately mess with DH, making things "unsymmetrical" just to drive him crazy sometimes (yes, I'm an evil bitch devil.gif ).

Thanks tho, for taking the time to figure out what I was thinking and explaining it.

Connie