Saturday Morning Update

Jeff

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that update didn't work so well. I knew I should have done that during the week when the developer support staff was around lol

Rather than leave the forum off all weekend, I'll open it back up and keep working to see if I can fix whatever is wrong with the skin.

No need to post the things that are wrong at the moment, do that after I post that I think things are back to normal ;)

large.greyhound_signature.gif

PLEASE, please tell me that the Lo-fi version will come back!

I'm one of a miniscule segment of the population relegated to dial-up in a rural area. No broadband is available, except to fork over big $$$$ for satellite internet, which I can't justify. Given the unreliability of satellite TV (when there's thunder, lightening or even just heavy rain and/or snow, reception is non-existent!), I have a hard time believing satellite internet would be any better!

At least Lo-fi allows me to read the posts and see the pictures without pulling my hair out! Miss seeing everyone's neat signatures and the info on the left-side (to which I treat myself when in civilization at the dayjob broadband), but the Lo-fi version is quite useable and most appreciated. Will it return? Pretty please?

Annie Lambert

Benton (aka Timbuktu), Kansas (NE of Wichita)

all I know is IE works now for me (don't have to use Chrome to not see the font, etc. band) and I'm thrilled :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Thanks for the consideration, kind sir. I'll give it a whirl once you've had adequate time to get the kinks out. Shockingly, the "full blown" version is working pretty well for me this AyEm; must be a fluke caused by sunspots or another strange phenomenon of nature!

Annie Lambert

First foray to the mobile version shows the essential data is present - the posts and the pictures. Does appear that it will take a few extra clicks to get back to anything other than the immediate topic at hand. The top menu that gave forums doesn't show now.

While I have you "on the line," so to speak, please define Warn Status. Should I be checking over my shoulder to see if the HMFIC (and yes, I do know exactly what that means!) is lurking with a wooden ruler, fixin' to rap my knuckles?

Having been a legal assistant for 20+ years, I've pretty much learned to "engage brain before opening big yap." Consequently, I can't imagine that in the less two dozen posts made, anything was said to raise red flags or land me in hot water! Perhaps it has to do with lack of activity?

Annie Lambert

Happy Sunday :3

I hope everyone is doing well!

I cannot access the private message system, I guess because I'm a Newbie. And that's perfectly ok :3

Strangely though, the Grey who owned me before Klondike was Newbie. She was an adoption center return, her previous humans had named her Anubis. I morphed that to Newbie. Her legal name was Bow Presto (mentioned in my beeeg looonnng Klondike post) :3

Peace out

~Amber

While I have you "on the line," so to speak, please define Warn Status.

The warn status meter has been there for a long time now. You can see it defined in the "What Members Need to Know" thread pinned in the tech forum

I cannot access the private message system, I guess because I'm a Newbie. And that's perfectly ok

Correct, and welcome to Greytalk :)

large.greyhound_signature.gif

While I have you "on the line," so to speak, please define Warn Status.

The warn status meter has been there for a long time now. You can see it defined in the "What Members Need to Know" thread pinned in the tech forum

I cannot access the private message system, I guess because I'm a Newbie. And that's perfectly ok

Correct, and welcome to Greytalk :)

Jeff will the double click to return to the top of the page be coming back? I am using Firefox. Thanks for all you do for us - both in the military and here on Grey Talk.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.