Tender Knee Bump

Guest BoyzMom

Thank you so much to everyone for your prayers & white light & gentle hugs for our beloved Scoop-dog.

We are beside ourselves with sadness. The tumor on his knee seems to be growing before our eyes. It went from smaller than a walnut a few weeks ago to larger than a golf ball today.

It is more difficult for him to bear weight on his hind leg, yet he loves his daily walks, and still insists on going. I think (hope) he will let us know when the walks (which have become more like slow strolls) are no longer enjoyable for him.

We've been dosing him with Novox & Tramadol (and DQ vanilla ice cream). He takes the Novox with no problem, disguised in a dollop of cream cheese. The Tramadol must have a bitterness to it because he won't take that in cream cheese. I'm thinking a pill pocket might work better. Any other ideas?

So for now we are just loving him up as much as possible. Thank God I am home all day and can keep an eye on him and love on him constantly. Scoop's brother, Pepperoni, seems to understand that something is going on. He has a perpetual worried / sad look in his eyes. :-( He often sniffs at Scoop's head and ears, too.

Sorry for the length of this post. I'm just trying to get it all out.

Again, thanks to everyone for their support.

Just hugs for you and your sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.