Update- Rose Has Osteo

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry to read of the diagnosis. Take photos, make memories and I hope you have many more good days to share with your girl.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry. we have been there and done that. it is devastating.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest GryffinSong

I'm so very, very sorry. Rose is absolutely stunning, and reminds me of a rescued borzoi I had when I was much younger. I lost my greyhound, Gryffin, to osteo in April, and it is a terrible, terrible thing. Hugs to you both!!! :grouphug

Guest BorzoiMom

I SO wanted it to be just arthritis or lack of space in my house. (Rose stayed with me for a while) She lives each day to it's fullest and is such a happy dog. She makes my 4 year old, Dutch, look like an old man. I hate that her body has to break down before it's time. Just not fair. Thank god she was able to be rescued from the hell she had been in, gained her weight and condition, and her coat back. She's been able to truly enjoy life since then. She greets you by standing on the arm of the couch, grinning like a rabid dog. She loves squiggling on her back getting belly slaps.

Thank you ALL for the kind words. I'm sad that so many of us know how this feels.

So true. Feel free to pop over to the osteo dx thread for some additional support. I also found the Circle of Grey forum really helpful early on - there were so many people who knew what I was experiencing at each step, and it helped me to share or reassure others.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Carol, I know how much you love her too. We are going to spoil her rotten.

Neyla's mom... I will pop over to that thread. Thanks so much for reaching out, especially in your time of stress with your sweet girl.

I'm so sorry to hear this ! :( :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so very sorry. :grouphug Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest lovemyhounds

Oh, I was so hoping for a different diagnosis and know that those who love Rose are heartbroken. Wishing you many more Rosie kisses and happy days full of all the things that make Rose smile!

Edited by lovemyhounds

Oh no!! I am so sorry. :cry1

I know it's hard to process, and you probably don't feel able to look at it this way right now but how wonderful that she is with you to go through this and not in her previous, neglectful, situation.

I hope you have a good long (and comfortable) time together. :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I am very sorry to hear about Rose. Spoil her rotten and give her a big hug from me.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thank you for your kind words

20100320_41.jpg

She is beautiful, and your siggy is beautiful, too. Thankfully, she has you to help her now, someone who loves her so much. Rose wub.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.