Update- Rose Has Osteo

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Nine months after her rescue from a large group of neglected and starved Borzoi, Rose has osteosarcoma. She has weeks left maybe. She will be spoiled tons and tons. We are broken hearted.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. :(

Do you have an idea of how far it's prgoressed from teh x-rays? I know we are probably an exception, but we've had a lot of success with an artemisinin regimen (and now an arte/curcumin cycling regimen). It couldn't hurt to try if you can swing the cost of supplements. PM me if you want more info.

Kristin has also had a lot of success wtih pain mgt with IV pamidronate for Sutra.

:grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I am so, so sorry :( You must be devastated :cry1

I hope you can spend some wonderful quality time with her over the next few weeks.

:grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Thank you...

Yes, we are going to put her on that right way, plus she is on pain killers and we will X ray in three weeks to check progress (unless it is warranted sooner). I sure hope that we have the time left that Neyla has had, and that Neyla also continues to thrive.

We are just in shock and absolutely broken.

Hugs to you and scritches for Rose!

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Aww, she is beautfiul. :wub:

Well you may have seen me mention this numerous times, but consider joining the artemisinin_and_cancer yahoo group and starting the combo regimen (go straight to the files section and read Amended Regimen II). It's a great resource in general as well and you'll get lots of support there. I hope she has lots of time left with you. :nod

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Thanks. Right now I truly feel numb. Sort of, "No, no way... NOT Rose!"

I guess that's normal, huh?

When I lost my young Greyhound to osteo, it was so sudden that I had no time to process the diagnosis.

Guest fandogs

Prayers for your Rose.. and you and the family.

A more devastating diagnosis doesn't exist.

Hope the new therapy and meds work for her.

Please keep us posted.

GT is a huge support group, take advantage of it.

Guest TeddysMom

FastDogs, I am so very sorry to hear the Dx on Rose. I hope that you and her get some good quality time before she has to leave for the bridge. I can hardly believe how many Osteo cases there are in sighthounds. Since I am new to the breed, I have not had to experience it and of course, I hope I never do. I am devestated for you.

Guest kelli123

I am so so sorry to hear this its just heart wrenching news. Every time i hear the cancer diagnosis it just breaks my heart.

I know how this feels and its unbearable. We will pray for all of you God bless you Rose . :heart

I am truly sorry. I hope you get millions more kisses and smiles.grouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so sorry to hear Rose's dx. All you can do is enjoy the time she has and spoil her. She already knows how loved she is.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.