New Rug Is Not Grass...

Bella must think that the new shaggy black rug in the living room is grass. She pee'd on it...I cleaned it (outside, hosed it down, soap...the whole nine yards). She pee'd on it again. I'm thinking about getting that spray that keeps does "away", but does that mean she won't pee on it, or she won't come into the living room?! Any other tips?

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Guest manders4

Do you have Nature's Miracle or something like that? When Daisy peed on our rug, I sprayed it and the floor with that. Then I washed the rug. She hasn't peed inside since.

Can you put a piece of furniture or something on the spot? Sometimes they pee on the same spot no matter how much you clean it.

Is she peeing more than usual? Could be a uti.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Can you put a piece of furniture or something on the spot? Sometimes they pee on the same spot no matter how much you clean it.

Is she peeing more than usual? Could be a uti.

No...she's peeing the same amount. I could move the coffee table over it, but then it won't be centered, that might drive me nuts! :lol

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Guest lanielovesgreys

Yeah, I think you need to use enzymatic cleaner to completely get rid of the smell. Even if we can't smell it, the dogs can. I use Eco-88 but I know there are others that work.

You can also try a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water to get the smell out. Plus you'll want to keep a close eye on her for the next few days to make sure she doesn't pee there again. Hopefully, she hasn't formed a new habit.

Jenn

gallery_3252_2927_10878.jpg

Guest cheltzey

I found it help with Lando to put a basket (like a laundry basket) over the area for a few days. And definitely use Nature's Miracle. I like the Urine Destroyer variety, even though it's pricey. Definitely cheaper than having my carpet professionally cleaned.

Guest Sweetreba

When I had new carpeting layed my female marked it for about one or two weeks then stopped. I took her out more and did everything I could think of. After awhile she just stopped so I know it was just that it was new and she wanted her mark on it. My male never even thought about it. Go Figure. My green machine got it's work out during that time. I got the coated padding so it is just in the carpet, not soaking the padding and cleans well and the smell came right out but that did not matter she went anywhere,. She never went in the same spot. In fact it looked like she was spacing in every 3 to 4 ft. apart. That was two years ago and no problems since.