Rainey Has Had A 3Rd Seizure. Not Good News.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BiancasMom

Sending good thoughts for Rainey.

Brain tumors are not typically visible from the "outside" due to the restraints of the skull itself. Do you think her head could just be swollen from banging around during her seizure? There are tumors of the actual bone (skull) that can occur and are more easily removed. I know Phenobarbital can have many side effects and each dog is different so hopefully her behavior is from that and it will go away soon. Feel better soon Rainey.

Kim, I am so sorry to read the news about Rainey. I don't have experience with seizure dogs but please know all my thoughts and prayers are with you and Rainey. hope.gifhope.gifhope.gif

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I am sorry to hear about Rainey's diagnosis, or at least what they think it is. I hope there is some way to treat it.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:hope this is treatable...my thoughts are with you

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

So sorry to hear Rainey had another siezure! She is very very lucky to have a Mom like you to take care of her as you are doing the most important healing of all by loving her so! I will pray that she gets well quick! I believe that she can get well! Don't jump to conclusions-things are not always what they seem to look like. For Rainey:kiss1.gif

We will all be thinking of you here.

As to the MRI, follow your gut instinct.

We opted out of an MRI here just because it would have made no difference to the treatment options we would have used (ie- I personally would not have done invasive surgery for a tumor). i cna understand the wanting to know exactly what is going on though!

Oh no! I'm just seeing this. I'm so very sorry. As far as the whining, it may be that she's hungry. When we started Saint on pheno, he whined like crazy until I figured out it was the drug that was making him hungry. We didn't have an MRI done for Emmy because we were pretty confident in the diagnosis and treatment options were very limited in her case.

I'm praying for good news for you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest LindsaySF

Darn, sorry to hear this.

The whining is probably hunger. Pheno gives them the munchies, like someone else said. When Sophie paces and cries she either wants food or needs to go out. She will eat and eat and still keep whining. I feed her until the whining stops, then she's happy. I give a lot of canned vegetables to fill her up so she doesn't get fat.

I agree with Energy's post, get some rectal valium on hand just in case you need it. Good luck.

Adding more prayers & good thoughts for you and Rainey. I'm so sorry you're both going through this. :grouphug

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).