Wrapping A Leg

Guest Sunset123

Guest Sunset123

Arrisa got playful while I was doing some work on the living room floor and ended up sliding on a folder into a piece of furniture's wood edge. She ended up with a cut/scrape that's about three inches long. I'm not worried about it and it's not bleeding any more than a shallow scrape does (just that tiny bit on the surface), but I want to wrap it so she doesn't lick it and turn it into a hotspot. It's on her back... elbow? The place where the "ankle" bends and becomes the thicker part of the leg. (Excuse my rudimentary dog anatomy!)

I'm heading to the drug store soon. Any favorite wrapping products? Something stretchy but not sticky?

Guest TeddysMom

They have self sticking Ace wraps that work pretty well but I still end up wrapping a bit of papertake over it to make sure it stays put.

Guest greytloves

Coban or the elastic wrap that sticks to itself basically, we call it Vet Wrap out here a lot. Also, non stick pads. Get a couple of the Coban rolls. One can last only one or two wrap dressings of a leg.

Guest Sunset123

Coban or the elastic wrap that sticks to itself basically, we call it Vet Wrap out here a lot. Also, non stick pads. Get a couple of the Coban rolls. One can last only one or two wrap dressings of a leg.

Thanks for the tip, I'll get a few.