Vasculitis

Does anyone have any experience? Our 10yr old Jessie was dx'ed Monday with osteo, we did amputation on Tuesday. She has since developed vasculitis in two of her remaining legs. She is not eating so they put in a feeding tube (just in her nose). I have not seen her yet today however they said she is up and brighter today, I just do not know if we are doing her an injustice.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

It's probably post-op bleeding. A lot of greyhounds have a problem with this. Here's a link to OSU's newsleter about it. OSU link My Demon had excessive bleeding after his amputation and we had to administer Amicar to get it to stop.

It's probably post-op bleeding. A lot of greyhounds have a problem with this. Here's a link to OSU's newsleter about it. OSU link My Demon had excessive bleeding after his amputation and we had to administer Amicar to get it to stop.

Totally agree. Please look into the Amicar asap.

Guest greytloves

A friend of mine had a grey with that. His was caused by Erchliosis. (I believe) Two years later she still has to wrap his leg as the skin never completely grew back. Heck of a thing he survived. One thing I learned from what she went threw, treat aggressively and quickly.