Hello From Charlottesville, Va

Guest ryeamans

Guest ryeamans

Hi everyone!

I'm finally getting around to registering on Greytalk and wanted to send a quick hello to everyone.

I've had Charlie (Charles Darwin, actually) for a year now and I couldn't be happier!

I know he misses the company of other greyhounds, so I was also hoping to find other greyhounds in the Charlottesville, VA region to set up doggy play dates with. Shoot me a message and hopefully we can set something up!

Best,

Becca

Guest jenznaz

I know our group has meet & greets down your way - check out the calendar of events on virginiagreyhounds.org

Welcome to Greytalk!

Jen

Guest K9Cookies

Hey! I live in Charlottesville! :yay Good to finally see someone else!

We have 3 hounds and one "foster" who may or may not stay. We'll see. We're up in Forest Lakes. Definitely let me know if you'd be up for a play date or coming over for a while. We have a nice flat yard, but honestly, our hounds would much rather hang out on the couches! :P

Nice to meet you and welcome! :welcome

Hi, Becca.

I live about a 1/2 hour from Charlottesville (between Richmond & Charlottesville) and am good friends with Kristin (she posted above me). I'd love to get together sometime. We try to do some walks in the cooler weather. I'm not really into the dog park thing but if you want to come out to our house and hang out, we'd be happy to meet you.

Sheila

one "foster" who may or may not stay.

Hmmm, is someone caving????

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest ryeamans

Thank you, everyone!

Kristin and Sheila--I'd love to get together for a play date soon! I'll send you both a message with my phone number so we can set up a time to get together!

I'm so excited to finally find other greyhound owners near me!

Best,

Becca

Guest ryeamans

UPDATE: So, for some reason, I get an error anytime I click on "email me" in both of your profiles. I'm not sure why it won't let me email you. In the meantime, could you try and email me instead? I'd love to get together!

Guest K9Cookies

Hey Becca. On GreyTalk, you can't send a message to another member until you have 50 posts. You've got 3, so keep posting. Check out the Cute & Funny section and comment about people's pictures or comment in discussions that you find interesting.

You can email me anytime. My email is KRKWMU@comcast.net. Maybe when the weather cools down, we can take a hike on the Blue Ridge Mountains somewhere! :)

Hi, Becca.

My email is retiredracers@live.com.

I just got an email from someone (I don't know the lady who emailed me) in the Charlottesville area who has arranged some play dates at a local dog park. They wanted me to spread the word so I'm spreading it. I personally don't do dog parks but I'm all for getting together and doing a walk or something similar.

Here's the email:

Good afternoon,

There is a greyhound group in Charlottesville that gets together the second Saturday of every month (see dates below). We meet at Chris Greene Lake in the dog park at 9:30 AM. We know there are several more greyhound owners in C'ville that we haven't found yet and would like to connect.

Thank you for any help,

Play dates

Sept 11th

Oct 9th

Nov 13th

Dec 11th

Rain dates

Sept 18th

Oct 16th

Nov 20th

Dec 18th

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest Houndstown

Hey! I live in Charlottesville! :yay Good to finally see someone else!

We have 3 hounds and one "foster" who may or may not stay. We'll see. We're up in Forest Lakes. Definitely let me know if you'd be up for a play date or coming over for a while. We have a nice flat yard, but honestly, our hounds would much rather hang out on the couches! :P

Nice to meet you and welcome! :welcome

Hey! What's this I hear about a foster that might stay?! Well, I guess it is only fair that you and Drew would have one in each hand when you walk them.