Darcy Is In The Vet Referral Hospital

Bevd

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh :( the chemo she had could very well have affected her heart and it is now becoming weak. They cautioned me about this with Asia. I am so hoping this is not the case. Hang in there, she is an amazing girl!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Ugh :( the chemo she had could very well have affected her heart and it is now becoming weak. They cautioned me about this with Asia. I am so hoping this is not the case. Hang in there, she is an amazing girl!

Yes, she had Doxorubicin as part of her chemo protocol and we knew by the end of the treatment that she'd suffered some mild heart damage as a result. The man we saw today wasn't convinced though, that this would be related to the current issue but as he reminded me a couple of times, he's not the cardiologist.

I remembered a short while ago that Darcys litter sister Ellie had some sort of heart issue a couple of years ago but I can't remember exactly what the problem was so I've just emailed Ellies Mummy to ask if she'll give me the details, in case I should pass them on to Darcys cardiologist.

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'll be thinking about Darcy all day. I hope she's okay. :grouphug

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest eaglflyt

Darcy seemed to behaving trouble walking this morning so we saw our own vet at 8.15am and then got referred to see a neurologist at a nearby veterinary referral hospital. Actually, by the time we saw him, Darcy was less wobbly on her 3 legs but she was still very panty. He did some neuro tests and watched her walking and she did actually look bizarre to him but relatively normal to us (we are used to her intersting tripod walk :wub:) but now and again she'd sort of stumble and then panic.

He examined her closely and found that the problem seems to be her heart. They did an ultrasound scan of her heart and once they did that, they were no longer happy for her to go home but preferred her to remain with them until she can be seen by the cardiologist tomorrow. I got the distinct feeling that all is not at all good.

Crap.

Oh, praying for sweet Darcy. Will be watching for updates. Hugs to you!

Sending prayers and white light to my favourite Deerhound! Be well Darcy!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Oh, Darcy, the many people who love you will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest TeddysMom

There are a lot of great heart meds available now, hope one of them work to help her. My thoughts and prayers are with the beautiful Darcy.

Guest mcsheltie

The heck with distinct feelings. I'm bringing out the heavy artillery and praying and releasing God's healing hand on Darcy. Nothing is more powerful than that.hope.gif

AMEN!

Oh God, just seeing this and sending loads of prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project