Dental Follow Up Question

Guest greyt_learner

Guest greyt_learner

I'm probably being over-reactive (as usual!) but My boy always bounced back really fast after a dental, even when he had 8 extractions! But Ariel has just slept since she got home yesterday at 3.00pm. She went to do her business in the yard and had a little to drink about 6ish, but no interest in food or water since. I know it's still early, and maybe she just reacts to anesthesia worse than him, but is this normal? I wish I could get her to drink a bit - tried beef broth in her water - no joy.

I'm probably being over-reactive (as usual!) but My boy always bounced back really fast after a dental, even when he had 8 extractions! But Ariel has just slept since she got home yesterday at 3.00pm. She went to do her business in the yard and had a little to drink about 6ish, but no interest in food or water since. I know it's still early, and maybe she just reacts to anesthesia worse than him, but is this normal? I wish I could get her to drink a bit - tried beef broth in her water - no joy.

That's worrisome. But if she had morphine it sometimes takes a very long time to wake up; it doesn't mean anything is wrong, scary though it is. You could call your vet and see what they think.

Guest greyt_learner

I did give the vet a call and they think everything is ok. I got her to eat a little this morning and take a drink, and while she's still pretty lethargic, she got a little excited to go for a short walk. Has just been sleeping since then though. I'm sure she's fine - if she's still like this by late afternoon, I'll call again before they close for the day.

I did give the vet a call and they think everything is ok. I got her to eat a little this morning and take a drink, and while she's still pretty lethargic, she got a little excited to go for a short walk. Has just been sleeping since then though. I'm sure she's fine - if she's still like this by late afternoon, I'll call again before they close for the day.

That's what I'd do too.:)

If you can find out what medications they used during her procedure we may be able to give you more feedback. Hope all is well soon.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png