Winslow

Burpdog

The Winslow Diary started a couple of years before I joined GT, but I fondly remember following and giggling with glee at the "poop-bag in the tree" saga. Winslow most definitely touched many, many hearts, albeit from a distance.

I, too, concur with the feeling that these wonderful dogs stay only as long as they need to, rather than as long as we want them to. Wish that it were otherwise, but as one who has lost numerous greys over the 16+ years of being addicted, rest assured that the memories will remain in your minds and hearts forever. We love, we lose, and in time, we find we can love once again. Such is the continuous cycle of life...don't believe I'd want it any other way.

May the pain of his departure to the Bridge soon be tempered by the sweet memories you have of Winslow's wonderful life in your loving home. Peace be with you and yours...

Annie Lambert

(metro Wichita, KS)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read with great sadness the passing of Winslow. He was an inspiration to many on Greytalk. I'll never forget his posts to Cricket when she was fighting hard with her swim therapy. You were blessed to have him and to share him with all of us.

Godspeed Winslow. :f_white:gh_run

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

I was very sad to see the passing of Winslow. There was something about him that made you smile, even on the darkest days. He had spirit, gentleness and a demeanor that was inspirational. A truly amazing greyhound. My heart goes out to his family and to all who will miss him. His life has certainly touched many people.

flowers_white.gifflowers_white.gifflowers_white.gif

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Winslow,

Although I've never met you, you have forever changed my life. I've been captivated by your story since the very beginning, maybe because my own boy lost his leg to cancer a few weeks before you. Unfortunately he only had 4 months before he lost his fight.

Thank you for giving me the courage to believe that cancer CAN be beaten.

And thanks for the laughs. Whenever I see a bag stuck in a tree I will always wonder if there's poop in it!

flowers_pink.gifghrunner.gif

Run with the angels, sweet boy.

- Your Biggest Fan

Edited by sdisto

Measure wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.