Winslow

Burpdog

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlackandBrindle

I can't tell you how sorry I am that Winslow is gone. :grouphug :grouphug

There are a few pups who manage to touch the hearts of everyone they meet and Winslow certainly was one of those pups. I am heartbroken for you Glynis, and I just have no words. :(:grouphug :grouphug

Edited by BlackandBrindle

Winslow was such a special boy. Thank you for sharing his journey with us. Winslow gives hope to so many of us.

Run Free, Winslow.

:grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

WinslowGlynis.jpg We visited Glynis, Craig and Winslow in May, just as they were preparing to move to Arizona, and Doug turned and took this picture as we were leaving. Winslow knew that something big was going to happen, and he was ready for the newest adventure. I think that was pretty much how Winslow looked at life, as a series of adventures. How could you not be in awe of this presence, of the love and determination that he and his family so clearly shared. And because Glynis also shared his stubbornness, they both turned his journey into something that would inspire everyone who knew them. He brought us so much hope, smiles for his joy, and good tears for his victories.

I'm so glad he made it all the way across the country to his new home. I think he knew it was important to his family that he did that. If anyone missed the last part of this journey, can you go back and find Winslow's Diary? The thread is locked since Diane posted that he passed away last week, but just seeing him standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona with his Dad will make you smile even as you realize just how much he's going to be missed.

Thank-you, Glynis, for sharing your beautiful boy with us, for everything you did to fight the osteo, and for your perfect, fitting tribute.

We're all thinking of you and Craig with much sympathy, and sharing your sadness.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest santanstone

by request of Glynis that I post this

Dear Greytalk friends of Winslow,

We thank you so much for all of your sympathies and condolences. Thank you for your support for the last 3 1/2 years. It was all of you that helped to make him happy. As you know, Winslow loved the computer and he loved it when I read GT to him. All of your responses, participation in his fundraising (auctions, raffles and his shop) meant so much to all of us. I believe that's what really kept him going. Winslow had a job to do and with your help he accomplished so much.

When Diane (Burpdog) began his diary, we didn't know how it would turn out. As a result, we made some very special friends, met a lot of people, raised a lot of money for charity and Winslow's birthday parties became the talk of our neighborhood.

Winslow was a big, happy boy right up to the end. He loved life. He loved humans. His adoption of us changed our lives forever. We learned so much from him. We are so honored to be his people and to have shared his life and be blessed by his wisdom. We spent a lot of time laughing with Winslow. He was our light.

Diane says they stay as long as they need to, not as long as we want them to. Winslow stayed with us through our trip across the country, through getting us to our new home and he didn't leave until we were settled in a routine that he set up for us. He knew this was the final destination for all of us. We are devastated by his passing, but comforted by the knowledge that he is out there somewhere, happy, whole, and watching over us as he always did.

Winslow left this life as he lived it, with the calm dignity that was just Winslow.

Thank you again,

Glynis, Craig and our angel, Winslow.

by request of Glynis that I post this

Dear Greytalk friends of Winslow,

We thank you so much for all of your sympathies and condolences. Thank you for your support for the last 3 1/2 years. It was all of you that helped to make him happy. As you know, Winslow loved the computer and he loved it when I read GT to him. All of your responses, participation in his fundraising (auctions, raffles and his shop) meant so much to all of us. I believe that's what really kept him going. Winslow had a job to do and with your help he accomplished so much.

When Diane (Burpdog) began his diary, we didn't know how it would turn out. As a result, we made some very special friends, met a lot of people, raised a lot of money for charity and Winslow's birthday parties became the talk of our neighborhood.

Winslow was a big, happy boy right up to the end. He loved life. He loved humans. His adoption of us changed our lives forever. We learned so much from him. We are so honored to be his people and to have shared his life and be blessed by his wisdom. We spent a lot of time laughing with Winslow. He was our light.

Diane says they stay as long as they need to, not as long as we want them to. Winslow stayed with us through our trip across the country, through getting us to our new home and he didn't leave until we were settled in a routine that he set up for us. He knew this was the final destination for all of us. We are devastated by his passing, but comforted by the knowledge that he is out there somewhere, happy, whole, and watching over us as he always did.

Winslow left this life as he lived it, with the calm dignity that was just Winslow.

Thank you again,

Glynis, Craig and our angel, Winslow.

Guest santanstone

I did not know Winslow, but a friend of mine on greytalk talked about him all the time. I am very sorry for your loss. What you said about them staying as long as they need to not as long as we want them to meant a lot to me. I lost 2 of my dobies 3 days apart 1 1/2 yrs ago. They, like Winslow taught us so much about dogs & we did so much with them & they died at 7 & 8 yrs old. We are truly blessed to have shared our life with such wonderful dogs as my 2 & your Winslow. Thank you for helping me.

Every multi-colored sky will be the work of Winslow. Foot prints in the snow will belong to Winslow. A chill in a cool room will be Winslow. Winslow, you did such a good job of making the sort of memories that bring a smile to the face and warmth to the heart. Please take care of and watch out for those who loved you. You will be sorely missed.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I thought of Winslow last night as I was taking my walk. There was a plastic bag stuck up in a tree - I don't THINK it had poop in it, but I thought of Winslow & the poop bag raffle anyway.

More hugs, Glynis...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Run free Wimslow. Watch over your Mom and dad. grouphug.gif Hugs to them from Maddie and I

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest LadyChester

Rest now, Winslow. You did so much for your fellow hounds. My deepest sympathy to his family - thank you for sharing your special boy with us. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug