Winslow

Burpdog

by request of Glynis that I post this

Dear Greytalk friends of Winslow,

We thank you so much for all of your sympathies and condolences. Thank you for your support for the last 3 1/2 years. It was all of you that helped to make him happy. As you know, Winslow loved the computer and he loved it when I read GT to him. All of your responses, participation in his fundraising (auctions, raffles and his shop) meant so much to all of us. I believe that's what really kept him going. Winslow had a job to do and with your help he accomplished so much.

When Diane (Burpdog) began his diary, we didn't know how it would turn out. As a result, we made some very special friends, met a lot of people, raised a lot of money for charity and Winslow's birthday parties became the talk of our neighborhood.

Winslow was a big, happy boy right up to the end. He loved life. He loved humans. His adoption of us changed our lives forever. We learned so much from him. We are so honored to be his people and to have shared his life and be blessed by his wisdom. We spent a lot of time laughing with Winslow. He was our light.

Diane says they stay as long as they need to, not as long as we want them to. Winslow stayed with us through our trip across the country, through getting us to our new home and he didn't leave until we were settled in a routine that he set up for us. He knew this was the final destination for all of us. We are devastated by his passing, but comforted by the knowledge that he is out there somewhere, happy, whole, and watching over us as he always did.

Winslow left this life as he lived it, with the calm dignity that was just Winslow.

Thank you again,

Glynis, Craig and our angel, Winslow.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry. Run free, Winslow!

Karen with Tessye (galgo b 2017), Fidel (galgo b c2012), and bridge kids Dublin (J's Texmex 1996-12/31/01), Daisy (Assurance 8/8/95-9/26/07),  Bubba (Kelsos Irony b 5/99-8/19/10), and Mabel (Googly Spin  1/06-11/19)

greytalk-siggie-feb-2023.jpg

Beautiful sentiment. I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Winslow. :grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest EmbersDad

i was honored to have met winslow and been at one of his bashes. i will never forget you buddy. hope you found ember and jed. i am gonna miss you. run free

winslow :candle

28cn4nr.jpg

Edited by EmbersDad

Godspeed Winslow.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Forever in our hearts.

Paint us a rainbow.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Winslow will always be a GT tradition, and a favorite.

Who could forget his painting style, the infamous poop-bag raffle, his parties, and on and on...

Run free, Winslow, and watch over your folks in their new place... We'll all miss you, buddy

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

:cry1 :cry1 :cry1

I still cannot believe he is gone. My heart is so saddened for you Glynnis! :( :( :( I know his job here on earth was done but he sure leaves a big hole in so many hearts :( :( :( :( :(

sending hugs to you.

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Winslow you were a True Inspiration, you will be deeply missed. My deepest Condolences to your family and friends: :grouphug

:f_red:gh_run Run Free Winslow!!! :f_red

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Run Free, Sweet Boy....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest IndysDad

I'm so very sorry, Winslow was one of my all time favorite GT dogs....

Godspeed sweet boy and run with the Angels...

Thank you for sharing Winslow with us, he was such an inspiration

And now I have another hole in my heart..