Petzlife

Guest greytloves

Guest greytloves

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Greytalkers!

Love the stuff. Been using it nightly on all the dogs and have noticed a huge difference on their teeth. And when I did my monthly scaling - the tarter popped off with hardly any pressure!

This stuff is a keeper! Would never have known about it without the power of Greytalk!

Course the dogs are not too happy and the weenie mix has to be dragged out from under the bed occasionally! (it is just becaus he is an old cranky weenie mix)

I bought it (4 oz. gel) but I haven't tried it yet. The bottle doesn't actually tell me how to use it, other than "no food or water for a 1/2 hour before and after application" and that I should also brush every 3 days. All it says it to "apply" it preferably at bedtime and gives the dosages where I conclude I use 1 tsp. Can you tell me how you are doing this? And OMG, how do you remember? When bedtime arrives, I'm sure not going to start with something like this. Plus she gets a cookie about 30 seconds before she gets on my bed! -- so that's already contrary to the instructions. Thanks!

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

I tried a number of methods of applying - toothbrush, finger brush, finger. My hounds hated them all until I came up with - believe it or not - a sponge eye shadow brush! It is easy on the gums but am able to go right along the gum line without any bleeding or complaints.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest greytloves

I have a routine that I now have just added this to the routine. After their last walk, I still give them a treat then we all go the bedroom. Get clothes ready for next day, take vitamins, wash face, rub in anti aging cream praying all the time "work,work,work", brush teeth, get the portable A/C on, plug in the Blackberry. About 15 minutes of stuff. So, not quite the 30 minutes as it states. Meanwhile they have all settled onto their beds so I just go around and squirt some of the gel on one side, rub it in, squirt on the other side, rub it in. Wash hands. Go to next dog. Repeat until done. Takes only about a minute or two and I keep it by my bedside table as not to forget. I don't measure, just squirt a blob in and make sure I use my finger to get all the teeth. I know they say you don't have to do that, but I do. I'm horrible about the brushing part and have always done a monthly scale instead, so I skip that part.

Once I incorporated this into the routine I had no issues. It did take a few weeks to get it down. But boy does it work!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Greytalkers!

Love the stuff. Been using it nightly on all the dogs and have noticed a huge difference on their teeth. And when I did my monthly scaling - the tarter popped off with hardly any pressure!

This stuff is a keeper! Would never have known about it without the power of Greytalk!

Course the dogs are not too happy and the weenie mix has to be dragged out from under the bed occasionally! (it is just becaus he is an old cranky weenie mix)

I second that. I resisted a good while because I thought it couldn't possibly be as good as people claimed it was BUT IT IS! One of the best dog care items ever! Huge difference. Plaque comes right off and leaves beautiful clean tooth. Love it! And I started putting it on a broodie that had her teeth cleaned and they still look like they were just done-NO plaque. Wonderful stuff!

Guest Wasserbuffel

I got the gel, but it said to put in the refrigerator for best results. I then got a bottle of spray. The spray lives in the bedroom and goes on nightly before bed. She may or may not have taken a drink within half an hour, but I'm still going to spray her mouth. I use the gel once a week and brush every few days. So far, this seems to be working nicely for us.

I do Beth's teeth (brushing and/or Petzlife) religiously after our last pee call of the evening -- I march her directly into the bathroom and we do it there. I don't give her any treats afterward, just as I don't eat after brushing my own teeth before bed.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest greytloves

I'm alternating from the spray and the gel nightly. The spray is easier to use but I don't yet have a comparison to know which one is better then the other. But then none of mine have bad teeth to begin with. Wait. Except for the weenie. He always has had and they do look better. You cannot brush the weenies teeth. He will kill you in your sleep! He does allow me to scale them once every month or so, but it is a battle. I did buy some extra sprays to give to my mom and to a friend for their greys to try.

I started using the spray on the boys and have been using it for 3 weeks now.

I haven't noticed a big difference but I'm not ready to give up yet.

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I started using it on Copper about a month ago. We use the spray - and there's no way I can do it more than once a day! We do it right before bed. He does get a tiny treat after I spray him, but I haven't noticed it making much difference to how the spray is working.

He has horrible teeth! Needs a dental about every 10 months. And horrible breath! Well, since I began using Petzlife, his breath is better and his teeth aren't quite as bad. I also am a bad dog Momma because I don't brush their teeth. The others get by with just chew bones every night, so finding this for Copper has been a Godsend!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest BorzoiMom

I use the spray when they are panting in my face and I'm suffocating. :lol I brush once a week or so with the gel. I've also acquired a scaler and am using that too.

I have been using the spray for several months now. It has made a HUGE difference - especially on Lady. Her back teeth were horrible and now they are almost white! I love this stuff!

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I have been using it for about 2-months and I can see the difference!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Energy11

When Curfew was at the vets last week for his exam and labs, Dr. Karen looked in his mouth, and asked me what I used! COMPLETELY WHITE teeth on an eight yr old, who had his last dental at age two :-)) Three of mine have perfect teeth. Oakly's are far far better since the Petzlife, and Staggerlee's are better, too. I use it DAILY on Oakly and Staggerlee and everyother day on the others. colgate.gif

I alternate between the spray and brushing with the gel. They all hate it, but I persist. :rolleyes: My newest girl, Tivvy, came off a farm a little over 2 months ago, and she was a broodie too. Her teeth are just awful. She'll be getting her big girl surgery and dental in about 2 weeks. She won't let me near her mouth to use either one. I'm betting her mouth hurts because of her teeth, so after her dental I'll try to work on using it. This is amazing stuff, and I'm hoping it will keep my girls from having to have dentals. Anything to keep from having them put under!!!

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

I wish I was having the same luck as everyone else. I have been using it since June on my male and it hasn't helped much. I have been using the gel and the spray. I used to brush his teeth almost daily, but then started using this and brushing every third day. I haven't given up yet, but I'm just not seeing the improvement like everyone else. :(

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

The eye shadow brush is a terrific idea! I've been using the spray for over a month now for LadyBug's "could stop a train" breath, and the improvement in her teeth and gums is dramatic. Her teeth were The Worst and with the PetzLife and regular scaling, she is so much more pleasant to be breathed on by lol.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.