Orlando Raw Feeding

I'm hoping that someone might be able to give me some information on where I can get raw food for the pups at a good price. We just bought the freezer we will need, now I need a good source. I am in South Orlando but I work downtown so I have a wide area I can work with.

I would really appreciate any info as I'm just not sure where to start.

Thank you!

gallery_16678_2973_7526.jpg

TNT Star Wars X Oshkosh Enigma King's Pedigree
King's sisters: Oshkosh Updraft, Dazie and forever in our hearts Oshkosh Ultra, Lily (3/7/03-2/18/13)

We get it from http://www.hare-today.com/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=55cf0cd327b7c2518d330061405fbd5a

The shipping rate is the same for any package up to 48 pounds. (I believe it's 48, it may be a pound or 2 less, but in and around that range. I am due to order next week. It's 48 hour turn around and the food is 95% frozen, packed really well and it can be refrozen. Tracey, the woman who runs it is available to answer your questions.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Cris_M

I'm not sure what you mean by "meat vendors". Grocery store meats make up 95%+ of Duncan's raw food. DH hunts and we do order weird meats from a dealer on the rare occassion.

There are lots of meats regularly stocked and you can ask the butcher to order for you. Beef heart runs $1.49# in packages that are about a pound. It runs $0.99# if you get a case of whole hearts; I've done this and do NOT suggest it. Turkey necks vary in cost. Chicken feet can be found at grocery stores that cater to the Latino community. Pork butt runs about $0.68#. Both pork and beef ribs go on sale frequently. If you are willing to take a large amount, beef kidney can be ordered; I never could justify 60# though! Using chicken quarters as a base -- $0.49# to $0.69# -- allows you to add in lots of yummy stuff. Liver is always available.

Raw feeding is easy. Just have fun with it.

ETA: Forgot my favorite... Ask folks for freezer burned meat. Your pup doesn't care about a bit of freezer burn and it is completely free!

Edited by Cris_M

Guest greyhound9797

I'm hoping that someone might be able to give me some information on where I can get raw food for the pups at a good price. We just bought the freezer we will need, now I need a good source. I am in South Orlando but I work downtown so I have a wide area I can work with.

I would really appreciate any info as I'm just not sure where to start.

Thank you!

I have the perfect vendor for you. Kathy, from Raw4Pets, is in the Orlando area and you can pick up or she can deliver products. The Yahoo group is http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Raw4Pets/?yguid=319401874. She has a lot of variety for reasonable prices but sometimes you can get chicken quarters cheaper at the grocery store when they are on sale. I've been getting her products for the last 2 years and have never had a problem. If you have any questions you can post them to the group. I've found it difficult to get answers directly from Kathy but there are a few hundred people on the board (me included; I'm in the Tampa area) that can answer most questions.

Have you read my Raw Feeding Basics post? http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/242512-raw-feeding-basics/ Lots of information to help you get started. Good luck!

Sandra in FL

I use 'prepared' raw food that is pre-ground and mixed with some fruits/veggies/bone meal/organ meats ... if that's what you're looking for, I use a lot of Oma's Pride which I get through a local distributor (they offer a nice ground mix that my hounds like). There are lots of good choices for you, but I mention the brand I use because they do offer it in some areas (including parts of Florida) through local retailers ... my guess is that the retailers that sell Oma's Pride also offer other brands and would have a staff that can help you with your selections. http://www.omaspride.com/Retailers.htm

Good Luck!

Edited by juliemac

I get my raw frozen green tripe from a raw food co-op here in Orlando.

You can find them on Yahoo groups. You will need to write a letter of introduction and ask for membership. The food is ordered and paid for in advance, and delivery comes on a frozen truck about once every five or six weeks. You need to pick up your order from one of three pick up locations. Prices are very good.

CentralFLRawFoodCo-Op

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.