Smarty, Smarty. (Jayne Videos)

Guest Wasserbuffel

Guest Wasserbuffel

I took some videos of Jayne doing tricks this morning. Sorry for the times she's off camera, hard to treat and tape at the same time.

Video one: Sit, laydown, jump, high five, shake. The last two tricks were akward because I usually offer my right hand.

Video two: Back, sit, stay, come.

Video three: Off

Video four: Get your Sheep (she touches her sheep toy with her muzzle)

Video five: Waiting patiently to eat. She doesn't dive into breakfast until I say OK, pardon the sounds of me scooping the kibble, I should have done that before starting the recording.

Video six: In this video, she's holding back from eating Bob's wet cat food. Lots of self control needed for that. In the end, I let her eat a few scraps. The food is not Bob's meal. He's taking pills and I get him to eat them by hiding in a bite of wet food and hand feeding him. Then I let him have a spoonful or two more of the food off a plate, because he likes it. Mostly, this video is a display of how well she does with the cats, that she'll eat off the same plate and not snark at him, although he gets a bit disgusted by her table manners.

Guest Wasserbuffel

NeroAmber,

Jayne is super food motivated. There hasn't been a trick yet that took her longer than about 10 minutes and about 15- 20 repetitions to understand the basics of. Many took longer to refine. Stay was a hard one for her. Early on she often forgot in her hurry to get the food. Her self-control has gotten a lot better.

When I taught her Off, it honestly took only five repetitions and she's been 95% reliable since. I had to teach that one to her because she wasn't comfortable with my husband removing her from the couch and would growl at him. Not a good situation. I got her up on the couch, showed her I had treats (plain kibble is usually all she needs) pointed away from the couch and said "Off". Now she'll vacate the couch nearly every time. Sometimes she's just too lazy and rolls over for a belly rub instead.

Guest greytgrandma

good job Jayne :yay

I cant for the life of me get Hot Rod to stay.He is such a big goober all he knows is sit and down.Stay seems to be beyond his grasp :lol Oh if you point with your toe at a piece of food that has dropped on the floor and say eat that, he knows there is something there to eat.

good job Jayne yay.gif

I cant for the life of me get Hot Rod to stay.He is such a big goober all he knows is sit and down.Stay seems to be beyond his grasp lol.gif Oh if you point with your toe at a piece of food that has dropped on the floor and say eat that, he knows there is something there to eat.

Jayne, you are awesome!

oh Hot Rod honey ... lol.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• 4 weeks later...