Dental

So, when it rains it pours! Tank is going for his exam tomorrow, and then to schedule a dental. Why? Because he seems to have a rotten tooth and he's not eating anything. I'm panicking because he's not eating and I am stretched thin while I'm job hunting.

Missing Hiro, Tank, and Tractor

I just went through this with Gee yesterday. She quit eating a week ago so I got her in and she lost 9 teeth! No wonder she wasn't wanting to eat. Try to give him something really soft like yogurt, scrambled eggs, boiled chicken. These are the things I got Gee to eat before her dental. After having her teeth out yesterday, she woke up and chowed down on her breakfast this morning!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest DoofBert

Some folk may object to my idea.. but I've used it on my hounds at various points....

Fresh raw chopped meat, tossed with a little garlic powder... If that doesn't spark interest, I don't know what will.

Good luck and a big hug for Tanka nd you!!!

(PS Our Tessa had dental recently....went back to chomping down her regular food within one day!)

Went to the vet yesterday. He drew some blood, he's not convinced it is a dental issue. He says its just a typical greyhound mouth, so while he will need a dental eventually, right now he wants to see if there's something in the bloodwork. And Tank's on antibiotics. I made him some egg drop soup last night. I have some soup bones defrosting and I'm going to go get some beef broth and make some sort of soup from that. Tank ate some of the chicken and drank some of the broth last night, but he's not real intersted in it this morning.

Well, the bloodwork came back. Tank has liver failure. He's got an appointment to be put to sleep this evening. There is nothing that can be done to reset his liver and a flush will only get rid of the biliruben for a day or two. Which, while it would buy us some more time together, wouldn't cure his liver failure.

Oh...I'm so very sorry.....God bless....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.