Gentle Thought For Get Em Please

Guest goofydog

Guest goofydog

I dropped him at the vet this AM to have a suspicious spot on his chest and a hard lump on his neck removed. He was like Gee this morning when he didn't get breakfast, just didn't know what to think!

TIA

Update: Get Em is home :wub: The vet found 2 more lumps on/in his neck that hadn't emerged yet so she took those along with the one that was visible. She believes one or more of these can/will reappear. She doesn't even want to hazard a guess as to what they are since it could be many things.

The spot on his chest she feels strongly was a cutaneous hemangiosarcoma. Dr. Sherri told me that 98% of the time just excising it would be all that needs to be done, rarely do they reappear and she got good, clean margins :goodluck . The path report will take 10-14 days before we can say for sure though.

His neck looks kinda like Frankenstein with a 1.5" and another 3" incision. He is still groggy and spent 5 minutes walking in circles around the dining table before joining me in the office for a nap. I'm guessing ice cream will have to wait until tomorrow, but that's okay, my boy is home.

Thank you, our GT family, for all of your prayers and well wishes, they really work :clap

Toni the relieved

Edited by goofydog

Sending best thoughts for Get Em -- hope his bumps are "just bumps, nothing to worry about."

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Lots of good thoughts for Get Em this morning. These guys sure know how to make us feel bad for withholding breakfast, that's for sure.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

:goodluck

Hope he's soon home and feeling great.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I dropped him at the vet this AM to have a suspicious spot on his chest and a hard lump on his neck removed. He was like Gee this morning when he didn't get breakfast, just didn't know what to think!

TIA

OMG, you are in soooooo much trouble Missy!! ... Wait, sorry ...

We're thinking and sending good thoughts to my wonderful, delightfully quirky, much loved, sometimes visiting & often borrowed, surrogate hound, Get Em the Greyt. It's going to be fine. Is Dr Kevin doing the surgery or is Get Em somewhere else?

... OK, back to rant. You scared the bejeepers out of me with that short, omninous subject line. Couldn't you have added a little more like "Removing two lumps today" or better yet "Gentle Thought For Get Em Please (But it isn't an emergency or anything, Laura, so don't panic when you see this)" or some such? Geeze, give a girl a heart attack, will ya?!!

All will be well ... just won't be able to accuse him of being lumpy & spotty anymore ... all will be well ... though Toni will have Get Em pacing all evening ... all will be well ... and he may have to wear a shirt for a while ... all will be well ... and he gets to have two more scars ... all will be well ... and we'll wonder for days until the biopsy results return ... but all will be well ... and his mom will post the results as soon as she gets them. Right, Mom? ... even though all will be well.

Guest goofydog

Lots of good thoughts for Get Em this morning. These guys sure know how to make us feel bad for withholding breakfast, that's for sure.

You got that right Judy! Guessing ice cream will be on the menu tonight.